Tweaked (Part 2)

I was ready.

Well, as ready as I could be, because to be honest, I still was not 100% sure of what was going to happen. What I had gathered was information. At the moment, I was in an area around the biggest company of the country, and according to my intelligence, a massive shipment was to arrive there in exactly an hour. The contents of the shipments were hard to figure out, unsurprisingly, which was a big red sign saying "this is a big deal"

Of course, since something big was to be gained from the deal, I was positive that he was gonna be there to mess it up. At least that's what his recent records implied. He had been doing so, with his mind-boggling powers that I just couldn't figure out. I knew he had unusual powers; the fashion in which the incidents happened whenever he was involved, they were a big indication of superpowers. 

What could be his powers? It is the strangest kind I have ever encountered. I considered the possibility of them being hypnotism, surely some sort of mind control. 

Soon enough, a massive truck rolled in and workers started pouring out of the back of the building, towards the truck. Hidden in my spot, I searched among them as they unloaded large crates from the truck, heaving on to trolleys and pushing them back towards the building, but obviously it was impossible to know the contents. I cast my eyes about rapidly, looking for that one special face as my hand gently resting on the small collection of weaponry strapped to my waist. You know, keep them in just in case.

And there he was. 

Where the hell did he even come from?! Now that I had my eyes locked on my target, I watched carefully. 

Any moment, he would pull that magic wave trick of his and everything would be lost before I even knew it. The workers turned towards him in confusion as he came to stand before them confidently, like a general about to address his army. From the distance and height of my hiding spot, his face seemed completely blank. I waited with my breathing still, as he raised a hand and ran the other through his hair, and the moment he shut his eyes, I shut mine too immediately. This is it. Still having no idea what he was going to do, I kept my eyes clenched shut nevertheless, knowing that he's definitely using his whacked up mojo to mess with the reality. It was confirmed when I felt a very faint something pass through. It felt like nothing, but I knew that was everything. I fought with all my will, against what I didn't know, trying not to be affected by what I didn't know. A few seconds later, I opened my eyes, expecting to see a disaster, and sure enough, my brain was rattled.

Everyone seemed to be working just as normally as they were before, hefting the boxes on to the trolleys. What the hell? No, something definitely happened, this is how he works, there must be something different. I looked around, and sure enough, he was standing towards the right side of the whole scene, opposite to the path opposite to the one where the truck came in from, and  all the workers were now rolling the trolleys towards him, going past him and away from the building as he watched with a satisfied posture, hands behind his back. What really bewildered me was that everything was happened so normally, like that was supposed to happen, even the guards were watching but it was as if there was nothing wrong. What. Is. He. Doing? As stupid as it sounds, as ridiculously heroic as it might seem, there is only way of figuring out this absolute madness. Since I couldn't figure it out on my own, the only person to give me a precise answer would be the man himself who had the powers. I knew how to protect myself, but didn't know what I was protecting myself against. 

Confrontation. Ah yes, of course, my only option, I thought as I, a bloody fool, jumped down from my hiding spot right into the scene. As I landed crouched on my feet with my palm flat on the ground, his head snapped up towards me. 

"Of course, about time." He said, with an amused little smile and a frown on his forehead.

-----------------------------

(To be continued.)