"Once again, you and the point are always in parallel."

Henri laughed heartily. "Now don't put this the wrong way, Isla. I'm all for equality and against police brutality, but who is that student anyway? Word of the mouth tells us that Zac and his lackeys often bully her. And what does it say about the police? The fact that they are resorting to the victim of the bullies could only mean they are stuck!"

"Their incompetence couldn't be resolved to lashing out, but it's a place to start. No, I'm looking at the bigger picture. I'm doing something."

Henri snickered. "Would a 17-year old girl be allowed onto a killer's crime scene?"

Isla rolled her eyes this time. "As you so eloquently put, Henri, the police are resorting to interrogating the victim of the bullies which meant that they are stuck. And according to Amani's story, although illegally taken, it was credible. Her article said that the forensics found no DNA, no fingerprints, no witnesses, no broken windows or picked locks, nothing—nothing but the bodies of four teenage boys. I, for one, am convinced that whoever killed Kinsley killed his chums too."

"Oh God, Isla, please disengage right now." Henri pleaded. "If you think there's a serial killer on the loose, as you are always right, please disengage."

"One killed himself by drinking cyanide, two killed themselves by jumping off a building, and one killed himself by stabbing." Isla recited perfectly, ignoring Henri's attempts to inject some sense into her.

"Isla, any criminal profiling school reject knows this. Murderers constantly return to the scene of the crime and try to get themselves closer to the police to get to know the case. And it's exactly what you're doing! The delusional Sergeant might think it's you!"

"You should check yourself with a therapist; I think paranoia has gotten into you." Isla scoffed. "And please, you may try your best to persuade me to leave, but I will not be bothered by meaningless prattle. And besides, I wouldn't have to visit a crime scene. My position as Student Council President doesn't allow me to access investigation files, but a certain connection I have could be my pass."

Henri raised a quirky eyebrow, left in the dark to wonder what Isla might have meant.

* * *

"I was hoping you'd come." Sergeant Kinsley said over the phone. "We need a new eye here. It's the same deal as before— untraceable murders. It's frustrating." He slammed the table, creating a huge noise. "Yes! I do think the suicides are murders! The boys aren't in a cult to suddenly agree to a mass suicide!"

There was a pause from him, indicating that the other side is talking.

"Oh, what do you know," Henri said, standing beside Isla. "He is calling in the Yard."

Isla rolled her eyes at another joke from her companion.

"Oh, you would?" Sergeant Kinsley asked. "Thank you, Chief Inspector. Thank you!" He punched the telephone back to his table before returning to the people at the door of his office.

Isla was aware of Henri's heart beating out a mad tune of panic as they waited for the Sergeant to bellow out and demand to know who they were.

"Students? Can I help you?"

"It would please us immensely if you would allow us to watch the interrogation," Isla said straight to the point without even sitting on the chairs provided for guests, omitting some key points that won't let them thrown away by the door. "I am Isla Cecil and this is Henri De Ferrers, despite our family names, we are here on account of the Headmistress of Fortuna Academy."