"I told you, I warned you..." His voice was low and thick with tears. Ivy felt a jolt of hot white pain rush through her and she screamed. Lightning. Loki was still staring at her with those dark green orbs, filled with more emotions than Ivy could comprehend. Then she followed his eyes down to the blade that was deeply imbedded in her stomach. Darkness. She felt hot tears escape her eyes and the pain grew stronger, making her drop to her knees. "Loki.." She breathed when she felt his bloodied hand on her cheek. "I told you... But you just wouldn't believe me." His voice was so sweet, so soothing, Ivy wanted to drown in it and never resurface. Lightning. Ivy was on her knees with Loki in front of her, still caressing her cheek with the most pained and heartbreaking expression on his face. "What did you tell me? What didn't I believe?" She cried in pain. Darkness. The pain grew unbearable and Ivy felt her head spin. Suddenly soft lips touched hers, for not more than a second, yet so tenderly as if fearing to break her. "I love you..." It was nothing more than a breath, but Ivy had heard it. Lightning. She blinked up at Loki through her tears, seeing an utterly grave, emotionless expression on his face before he rammed another blade through her heart. Darkness.

When Ivy woke up the sun had already started to set. She groaned; what a fucking weird dream. Her whole body hurt like she had been thoroughly beaten up. Then she remembered the past day and it all made a little more sense.

She looked around the opening; no Loki. With a sigh she sat up, rubbing her head to maybe get rid of the strong headache that was starting to form. Of course he wouldn't be here. He was the god of freaking lies after all. But honestly Ivy didn't even feel that bothered by it anymore, as if she had just gotten used to the betrayal and pain that was a constant companion in her life.

What had happened the day before was purely due to the severe lack of sleep she had suffered from. At least that's what she told herself. On a normal day she would NEVER be that easy to crack. But also not that easy to stop. She felt ashamed of herself; this was her past, she didn't hurt people anymore. Once she stood up, she tried to shake everything off herself. This was a new day after all and she walked a few steps, stretching out her sore muscles.

"Did I ever tell you that blond doesn't suit you?" Loki suddenly whispered into her ear, his warm breath tingling on the sensitive skin of her neck.

In an instant Ivy turned around, punched him in the face and kicked him in the stomach so hard he landed on the floor a few feet back.

He looked equally surprised as her, once she came to stand above him. "Wow..." He only said sarcastically. "A 'good morning Loki' would've been fine, you know..."

"How about a 'don't make me regret my life even more than I already do' for breakfast?" She reached out a hand to help him up, but he eyed it curiously, popping himself up on his elbows. "Is that what friends do?" He asked bemused.

"Yeah, they punch each other in the face but then also help each other back up." Ivy replied with a roll of her eyes. "Now come one, I'm hungry."

With a sigh he accepted her hand and once he stood he brushed the dust off his clothes. "That was a decent punch by the way. I'm more into magic than combat honestly, but you may want to meet my brother. HE can throw punches... you'd be surprised."

Ivy laughed slightly. This, whatever it was between them right now, felt much better than last night. And it certainly distracted her from her terrible nightmare and the events at the bar which she wished were also just that: a nightmare. Maybe that was just what she should treat Loki as; a gigantic, living nightmare. The idea made her snort.

"You said you wouldn't run off again." She finally teased him with a smirk.

"No, I merely said I would be back. That's something completely different." He winked at her in return. "Oh, and I brought you breakfast for the unlikely case that you were up already and out and about to kick my 'sorry ass' off Asgard." He pointed to a few items now lying on her blankets.

"Seriously Loki?! Wine for breakfast?" She rose an eyebrow at him.

"Well it's breakfast for you and dinner for me, dear. Despite that, it's always wine time." He plopped down on the blanket and crossed his legs in front of him. With another roll of her eyes Ivy sat down next to him and began devouring the bread and fruit he had brought. Honestly she didn't even care where he got it, she was just starving.

Loki on the other hand didn't touch any of the food and went straight for the wine.

"Aren't you gonna eat anything?" Ivy asked finally, frowning at him.

"I'm not hungry."

"And you didn't sleep the whole night?"

"Who said I didn't?" He rose and eyebrow at her and threw a grape in the air only to catch it with his mouth. "There, I ate something. Happy now?"

Ivy sighed and finished her poor meal. "So... Do we pretend yesterday just didn't happen? I mean especially the part of me doing those..."

"I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about." He interrupted with wink and then watched the clouds slowly drift over the sky. "Though I'm most certain I will never get rid of the image of you walking around the palace naked."

"I was not naked!" She pressed, poking him in the side with her finger.

"No, you were wearing my shirt. That doesn't really make it any more forgettable." He smirked and took another sip of the wine.

"Gimme that!" She pulled the wine from his hands, making him roll his eyes in amusement.

"Wine for breakfast? Seriously Ivy, you should be ashamed of yourself." He laughed, earning a sinister glare from her once she had taken a big gulp.

The bottle was empty in no time, leaving Ivy pouting slightly.

"Why did you just bring one bottle?" She whined. It wasn't like the alcohol was affecting her much, but she wished it would.

"Well go and get yourself another if you want it so badly." He shrugged at her, pointing towards the direction of the city.

With a exaggerated sigh, Ivy grabbed Loki's wrist and they were off.