Chapter 2

Clomp.

Clomp.

Clomp.

Chiron walks into the Big House.

"So, let's recite the prophecy." Chiron says, clearly wanting to get started on deciphering the prophecy.

"One shall be lost,

Two shall be found.

Together the three will battle

The fallen god.

The Ghost,

Wise,

Splash,

And Flame

Will race to find

The stolen consciousness

And return it to rightful owner." Annabeth recites, perfectly. I roll my eyes.

"Let's start with the first two lines,"Percy stares. 'One shall be lost, two shall be found.' Would that mean we will find two and lose one?" Percy questions.

"Well, that'll make sense," Will says.

"So, we will lose one demigod and find two?" Clarisse questions. I already want to leave, I don't want to be here.

"We don't know if these two people we find will be demigods. They can be normal humans." Will counters.

"But then why would there be humans in a demigod prophecy?" Clarisse argues.

"I'm just saying we shouldn't assume just yet." Will states, glaring at Clarisse. The two continue arguing, I zoned out during the rest of the small argument. It was getting boring. I would really like to be doing something else right now, and not this.

"Regardless, we will find two people that'll help on this quest." Chiron cuts in, bringing the argument to a stop- and bringing me back to the meeting. "Let's continue through the prophecy." He gives the two a gare, clearly annoyed.

"'Together the three will battle, the fallen god.' Annabeth recites. "So, the two people we found and the one person we lost will battle a fallen god?" She continues.

"Apparently," Jason states. "But, who is the fallen god? Hades?" He questions, looking at me.

"As far as I know my father hasn't fallen." I say quickly, after a half a second of silence.

"Well, what other god can be fallen? Is is a minor god or one of the Olympians?" Percy asks.

"Possible..." Annabeth replies, who is having a puzzled look on her face. "But, from that line we know the one we lose and the two we find are going to battle this fallen god." She adds.

"'The ghost, wise, splash, and flame.'" Will remembers, "Are those possibly people? Or are they something else?"

"Their most likely people," Chiron states. "The question is who are these people?"

"Well, the wise is definitely a child of Athena." Piper declars. "Who else could it be?" She asks a second later.

"Yeah, I would say it's a child of Athena." Annabeth agrees.

"The ghost... Could that be Nico, since he is a child of Hades?" Will questions. I look up when my name is called.

"Maybe, Nico would you think so to?" Jason asks, looking at me.

"Maybe, who else do you think could be called 'the ghost?'" I question, sarcastically.

"So, Nico is 'the ghost,'" the Stoll brothers say at the same time. Gods, that's creepy.

"Yes," Percy clarifies, well not that anyone needs clarification. "I would guess a child of Poseidon is 'splash'. So, that would be me." Percy then says.

"Yeah, I agree." Chiron agrees.

"So, who's the flame?" Clarisse asks, looking at each head counselor in turn.

"It's probably a Hephaestus demigod," Nyssa states. "But Leo was the only one who could control fire. No one else could." Se adds, sharing her thoughts out loud. When I heard the name 'Leo' I look away, couldn't help but to think about the battle from almost six months ago. How he died. I started to get angry, but I knew it wasn't worth it. I turn back to the ping pong table with all the head counselors around it.

"Yeah, he was." Piper says sadly, looking down for a second. "But, maybe one of the two people from earlier in the prophecy can? That'll mean they are demigods."

"But, they have to defeat the fallen god, as stated in the prophecy. How will they also find the stolen consciousness? They'll have to be at two places at once." Annabeth counters.

"True, than who could 'the flame' be?" Piper agrees, but knits her brows together when saying the second part of the sentence.

"I have no idea... a new demigod?" Jason asks. By his face he is clearly deep in thought on this topic.

"Well regardless, the ghost, wise, splash, and flame will race to find a stolen consciousness, whatever that might be. Wait, could it be the consciousness of the fallen god?" Percy states, but his voice changes to a questioning tone when he said the second sentence.

"Maybe." Will replies.

"So, will we issue a quest on this?" Annabeth asks, looking at Chiron. He was listening to the conversation without providing his advice most of the time.

"I would like to issue a quest, but I'll have to check with Mr. D first." He replies. A few people nod in agreement. But some people, including myself, groaned. Mr. D would never issue a quest with so little information! "But," Chiron starts after he hears us groan, "I will try to convince him to issue the quest." He finishes.

"Alright, so we know for sure that Nico, Percy, and a child of Athena are going on the quest." Annabeth recaps.

"I'll watch out for a camper that comes through camp that can control fire, like Leo could." Nyssa announces.

"Good, we'll need someone to help fulfil the quest." Annabeth replies. "Someone should also look out for a camper who would be lost, like the prophecy says." she adds.

"I'll do that," Will volunteers, "Who better than the camp's medic?"

"Alright, Will will try to find the one we'll lose." She clarifies. There were a collective 'ok' after Annabeth stopped talking.

After a few awkward seconds of silence, Chiron breaks it. "I think the meeting is over," he declares. "You can go back to your daily activities." He adds.

With the meeting finally over, Nico walks out of the Big House. He got really bored in there. But, what else could he do besides sit and listen? Walking around, he decided to practice his sword fighting. He walks over in the direction of the practice area, when Camom walks over.

"Hey, Nico, how was the meeting?" He asks.

"Fine, I guess. Chiron is going to talk to Mr. D about issuing a quest." I reply.

"Cool," He says. There were a few seconds of silence as they walked. "So, do you want to train with me?" He questions. "With sword fighting, I mean." He adds quickly, after I give him a 'go on' look.

"Sure." I reply. That was where I was going, so why not do it with a friend? Camom and I continue walking over to the training area.

Another chapter is up! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter is going to be up next week!

~ Luna