Day 10

Can I just say that this hotel bed is more comfortable than my own? It's freaking crazy how well I slept, but maybe I was just tired, I'll get back to you with that tomorrow. So, Damon made me breakfast *insert wide-ass smiley face* and the only reason I'm smiling is because I didn't have to ask him to or hint it to him, the bastard just did it! Today started off as one of those relaxing days that I like so much and yet got so little of. After breakfast we showered—privately I was too full to be doing- well actually I really don't do much at all... Hmm. Anyway, after we showered, Damon opened his arms to me and we just sat on the couch. The TV wasn't on but that didn't seem to matter because we just had each other.

"I like moments like this with you. These quiet, peaceful moments."

"So basically I should shut up more often?"

"No," I laughed, "I just like being lazy with you is all."

Damon cupped my face between his hands and kissed me. It didn't turn in to a heated kiss like it usually would have, it was sweet. Simple.

"I like being lazy with you too."

We shared a smile before I snuggled back into his arms and enjoy the quiet some more.

Unfortunately that didn't last. We did come here for a reason, I needed to search for my mother, and even though Damon wanted to help, he has business to take care of. He did however manage to pull some strings and find out where she lived. At first I was scared to knock on the door I was seriously going to turn around. I mean why should I care how my mothers doing? She honestly never cared about how I was so why should I care about how she is? Obviously she's alive and living in this place so shouldn't that have been enough for me? No. No, sadly it wasn't. I had to see her face I had to hear her voice even if it was telling me to go away and never come back. I would obey it too, I just needed to know.

So, I knocked on the door and after about minute or two I knocked again. I come to the conclusion that she wasn't home after about five knocks so I decided to sit on the bench across the street to wait for her return. And boy it was like watching paint dry. I saw a woman standing in front of the door fiddling with keys and I assumed that it was her. I wasn't sure if I should go over to her or wait until she's inside, but I decided on the latter just because if I did walk up to her it would've been too obvious that I was either waiting or stalking her.

"Mom?" I said as soon as the door cracked open.

I frowned as a middle aged white woman comes to vision. "Sorry, I must have the wrong address."

"Wait," the woman called after me causing me to turn around, "are you Abby Bennett's daughter uh, Bonnie was it?"

"You know my mother?"

"I think you might want to come inside."

Something about that felt off, but this woman obviously knew something about my mother and I needed to know what it was. I walked a little past her as she closed the door.

"Follow me."

I followed a few paces behind her as she lead me upstairs. It's colder up there than it was downstairs and I had to rub my bare arms to keep me from shivering. We stopped in front of a closed door and I felt the tears swell up in my eyes.

"Bonnie," the woman turned to me, "your mother she- she got into some pretty bad stuff when you were younger. I know because I was her best friend. We used to party all the time, but after a while I decided to get my life together and I tried to convince your mother to too, but she wouldn't listen. Anyway, one day I was called to the hospital, your mother put me down as one of her emergency contacts, and I was told that she suffered from an extreme heart attack. I didn't know what I was supposed to do, but when she was released I let her live with me and my little one."