Day 13

So I have a new found hate for glitter. It gets everywhere EVERYWHERE! I've got glitter in places that I've never imagined and I don't know how long it would be before I get it out. Anyway I told Damon about my mother last night. We were just laying in bed holding hands when I told him. I asked him to not apologize before he had the chance to because he didn't need to feel the need to apologize for something that wasn't in anyone's control besides my mother's. He asked me why I lied and I couldn't give him an answer, why did I lie? I guess it had something to do with not really accepting the fact that my mother is dying.

I didn't need to ask him about Amelia because he told me. He told me that when we head back to Mystic Falls that Amelia is coming with us. I figured that, I mean I would've done the same thing if it was me. I told Damon about what Amelia told me yesterday that she didn't want him to be mad at her mom. He thanked me for that I don't know why but he did. And like clock work Amelia entered and told us that she had a bad dream. My heart broke a little at that moment. She sounded so lost and hopeless and I couldn't imagine how it felt to be Damon at that moment. Damon pulled her into bed and wrapped her in his arms and did the surprising act of singing her a lullaby. He said that he used to sing it to her when she was little and I really wanted to cry at that point it was so sweet.

"G'night Milly." Damon whispered once she was asleep and shortly after that I entered dream land myself.

Hours and hours go by and I felt something on my face. It was a foot. Amelia's foot was on my face. Now I love children and eventually I would love to have one of my own, but I do not appreciate her foot on my face. I have sensitive skin so I breakout easily and who knows what her foot could do to my skin. Gently, I moved it off my face and settled back in the pillow I heard Damon moan "Milly" and I smiled because even though I was too lazy to open my eyes I knew that Amelia was doing something to disturb his sleep.

Maybe an hour after that we stop being lazy bums and get up. I wasn't in the mood for breakfast but since it is the most important meal, I ate a banana (and yes I sung the song to spell the word 'banana' and yes I just did it again).

"That's all you're eating?"

"Yeah, I'm not all that hungry."

"You sure? I'm making pancakes."

I bit down on the corner of my lip. It's been a long while since I had pancakes and Damon had to make them the day that I wasn't hungry. Damn Damon.

"That does sound very tempting, but I'll pass."

"More for me." Damon smiled and poured the batter into the pan.

While Damon and Amelia were eating, I went back to the hotel we were at innitionaly to grab the rest of my clothes. I've been borrowing Rachel's for the past couple of days but I washed them as soon as I was done so she wouldn't notice.

By the time I arrived back, Damon says that he has to leave for work and that meant that I was going to be alone with Amelia for the day.

"So, since your dad's gone, what would you like to do?"

"Can we go to the park?"

"Sure, let me grab my walking shoes."

I had no idea where the park was but luckily Amelia did. I wanted to be a kid and head straight for the swings like I always would, but I saw some mothers (and/or nannies) sitting on the bench so I decided to join them.

"Mind if I sit?"

"No, have a seat."

I smiled and sat down next to her. She looked quite young so I assumed she was a nanny, but people these days are having children at thirteen so I could've been wrong.