Revealed

(The artwork above was created by my long-time Wattpad friend DragonGirl1313 She spent a lot of time creating this, and I could never thank you her enough!)

I wake up feeling much better than I had felt the previous night. Elias is still asleep. I role over to look at the digital clock on the nightstand between the two beds. The clock says 10:08am.

I pull back the covers and fully examine the room. The theme of the room is peach colors. The beds were peach. The walls were peach. The carpet was even a shade of peach.

The room wasn't big either. There was a kitchenette, a TV, the two beds, a small bathroom, a couch, and one large window.

I got up and quickly took a shower. When I was done I looked at my tangled hair in the reflection of the mirror. I will never get this brushed. Then I remembered my unique way of untangling hair.

The bathroom door was locked, but I knew Elias wouldn't come in even if it wasn't.

Then I shifted into a dragon. I do this because when I shift back into a human my hair will be untangled.

Before I shifted back to a human, I looked at my reflection in the large mirror.

My dragon eyes are similar to cat eyes, narrowed pupils. I kept staring at myself, and saw that my fangs slightly stuck out of my mouth. My wings fill the whole entire bathroom, and my long tail is curled around my legs. This is what people would see if anyone saw me. A monster.

I shift back and leave the bathroom. I'm still in the same clothes from last night since I have nothing else to change into.

Elias was in the process of waking up.

"Good morning." I said to him with a smile.

"You too. What time is it?" He said and looked at the clock. It's now 10:49.

"How do you feel?" I ask. He still has cuts and bruises all over him. I don't have any signs of ever being in a fight.

"I'm fine. Just a little sore. I should probably take a shower though." Elias answered in his usual cheerful voice.

"Hey, while you do that I'll go get some food." I told him.

He took out his wallet and tossed it to me, "Take that. Your twenty dollars won't buy you much."

I thanked him and said goodbye. There was a super-market across the street from the hotel. That's where I went.

I tried getting items that were on sale. That's why I only got a few things. I didn't want to spend alot of Elias's money incase we needed it for later.

When I walked out of the store I saw a suspicious man walking down the sidewalk. I recognized him as one of the men that had kidnapped us. My heartbeat quickened as I walked back to the hotel. I never looked back at the man. I knew that if he saw my face he would immediately come after me.

Elias was watching TV when I walked in the room. My heart felt like it was going a hundred miles an hour.

"They're trying to find us." I blurted out.

"What happened?" He asked and stood.

"I saw one of those men walking down the street." I said to him and gave him his wallet back.

"There's nothing we can do. We'll have to prevent them and keep low. I hope nobody sees the car. I know they will recognize it if it's found." He replied seriously.

"You're right, but we still have to find Alex and the team." I tell him and start going through the groceries.

"We'll talk about that after we eat. I'm starving." He said and reached for the bag, but stopped when he saw the handcuff still on his left hand.