12. Cliched Badboy

Start from the beginning

I laughed at how shocked she was. "Yes, that Nolan Chambers."

Her mouth still hung open as she slowly shook her head. "I still think we're talking about two different dudes."

"I admit, it's a little...unconventional," I said as we headed for the parking lot. "But it's worth a shot, right? For ten thousand dollars."

Bee's brow wrinkled, lips pressed together in a line. "Alright, maybe I can picture it. You and Nolan being crowned queen and king. I mean, it'll definitely shake up some stuff."

"How do you mean?"

She tucked some hair behind her ear. "Only the most popular couples get nominated for that stuff. All of this school shit is pretty predictable. Two underdogs entering the race...it could go either way." She gave me a wary glance. "Either people will love that you're questioning the status quo or they'll laugh you out of the race."

My stomach tightened. There were already people laughing at me behind my back, I didn't need them doing it to my face, too. "Clearly, you know more about this stuff then we do. You'll help us right? Like, walk us through everything?"

Her freckled cheeks rounded as she smile. "That sounds fun, you know how I love bossing people around," she giggled, clapping her hands together.

"Please don't make me regret this."

Bee started skipping to her car. "Oh, you won't!" she called out over her shoulder. "See you at dinner!"

I continued to walk down the lot, towards the tall tree Nolan said to meet him under. When I got there he was leaning against a shiny black motorcycle, picking at his nails.

"Wow." His eyes shot up to me. "You really are a cliched badboy."

A crease formed between his brows as he straightened up. "What does that mean?"

"Nothing." I waved it off, not wanting to get into Bee's fanfiction addiction. "Do you have something against cars?"

He smirked, looking down at the motorcycle. "You ever been on one?"

"No." Mostly because I'm positive my mom would snatch me by my hair if she caught me on one.

"Trust me," he said, lifting a hatch on the back and pulling out a helmet, holding it out to me. "It's much better than a car."

I took the helmet, examining it cautiously. "Right...Cars have those annoying seatbelts and other safety precautions."

"You're not scared are you?"

I looked up at him, an amused smile on his lips. Seeing him without a frown or scowl always took me by surprise. That weird fluttering was back in my chest, masking any and all other emotions. "Only of the helmet not fitting over my puff."

I handed him the helmet and undid my high puff, pulling it into a low bun. It looked a mess, but at least I'd be able to get the helmet on. That's when I noticed there wasn't an extra.

Nolan swung his leg over the bike, starting it up. Unbothered by his lack of protection.

"Aren't you afraid of cracking your head open?"

He shrugged, as he tied his own hair up in a man bun. "I trust my driving abilities. Now, get on."

I did as he said, gripping the sides of his shirt. As soon as he pulled out onto the main street, zooming in between cars, I tightened my grip on him by circling my arms around his waist.

It wasn't until we made it Tiny Sprouts that I realized just how tight my grip on him was. I was stuck to him like a sticker and had to peel myself off.