Introduction - First day back

Third person POV-

Ari shifted in the comfort of her bedcovers, the sun shined into her stunning pale blue eyes. A loud groan escaped her lips at the thought of school. She unwillingly stood up from the warmth of her blankets and stumbled over to her closet. Picking out the first hoodie and pair of skinny jeans she saw, she quickly got changed and hopped out the door of her quaint bedroom.

"Ari! Breakfast is ready," a soft soothing voice known as Ari's dad echoed across the small humble dwelling.

" coming!" After taming her amber locks of long hair and lightly curled the tips she scurried down the hall to the kitchen.

"Excited for school?" Ari's dad or Mr. Williams inquired. Yet Ari just simply expressed a emotionless face and let out a huge sign to her dads comment.

" I mean I guess, it isn't that bad," Ari sighed, she then pushed her now empty plate of eggs to her father  and went to finish getting ready for school.

"Thanks dad!" She yelled down the hall. After applying a light layer of black mascara, curling her lashes, and putting a thin layer of gloss she looked at her self in the mirror before giving a quick nod of approval, running out the door shortly after giving her dad a quick hug goodbye and sprinted to school. Leaving behind the tiny apartment complex that is her home.

" here we go again"

Miguel's POV

I looked around the school, confused witch hallway lead to the office. I had just moved before and I already wasn't excited. I didn't get that much sleep last night, and it definitely showed. Panicked I ran up to the first girl I saw to ask for help. Lightly I tapped her shoulder, and she turned around

" excuse me, do you know where the office is?"
She looked me up and down. Her eyes scanned me before she turned back at her friends and laughed. Defeated I signed and turned around to see someone smiling at me. Shocked I just stood here.

" um hi," she waved and smiled, her angelic, sweet voice echoed in my ears. I didn't  even notice I was smiling back.

" I saw you from over there," she laughed pointing behind her, " you looked lost and sad so I thought I would help you out, the office is to your right down the hall." She spoke. The same smile refused to leave her face.

" uh um... thanks!" I stuttered out. My heart rate increased and suddenly I was at a loss for words. A nice girl decided to help me out even though I am the new kid, maybe the school year wouldn't be so bad. I was soon brought back to reality by her voice.

" the names Ari" she giggled.

"Miguel"

"Well Miguel maybe I'll see you around sometime, good luck finding the office!" She waved and causally walked away leaving me stunned and lost in my own thoughts.

———————————————————————
Well that's the introduction for this book! I hope anyone who reads this like it and I will most likely post more today! Feel free to leave any comments or questions!

528 words