27 ~ I could never hate you

Draco sighed a little frustrated. You stared at him while he was trying to mend the cabinet. You tried last time so now it was his turn. You got up and tried to help him.

'It's not working.'

You heard the anger and disappointment in his voice. It was difficult.. you already thought it wouldn't suddenly be working after one try.

'That's okay, Draco. Dont expect it to be working any time soon.'

You laid your hand on his shoulder. Draco looked at you. You pressed your lips against his. Draco kissed you back shortly but pulled back quickly.

'Sit back down. It was my turn.' He said.

'No.' You smiled. 'I want to help you. We have to work together.'

You stroke him through the short hairs behind his ear. It made him smile a little.

'Alright. Let's work together then.'

You and tried to do what you could, but it was hard. After a while of trying, you decided to call it a day. You grabbed his hand while walking back downstairs. You saw Harry, Ron and Hermione, who were heading upstairs. They stopped when they saw you two.

'What?' Draco sneered while pulling you closer to him.

'Let it go.' You said while holding his hand a little more firmly.

'Nothing. I was just wondering how someone as bright as her could sink to your level.' Harry hissed.

'Harry, don't.' Hermione sighed.

Draco opened his mouth to speak.

'Draco, don't.' He looked at you and rolled his eyes.

You took him downstairs. You didn't want this. Fighting wasn't going to resolve anything. You didn't even want to resolve anything.

'I can't believe we just walked away. He insulted you! I'm not going to allow anyone to insult you.'

That was cute. You smiled and blushed.

'What?' Draco asked.

'Nothing. You're just cute.' You smiled.

'I'm serious Y/N. If he keeps being like this, I'm going to hex him.' Draco sighed.

You stopped and forced him to stop too. You cupped his face and forced him to look at you.

'The opinion of a bunch of fake friends doesn't matter to me.. but it's very nice that you're willing to protect me.' You smiled. 'No need to be negative. We're here to do what we have to do. Let's just focus on that.'

'I just.. it's all such a waste of time here. I honestly feel like we're not even coming close.' Draco said while moving some hair behind your ear (if possible).

'Just focus on us.. everything will be okay. We have each other.'

You pressed your lips against his. Draco kissed you back and held you tightly while he did. You pulled back and hugged him.

'I've been thinking about the whole Dumbledore thing.. maybe we can kill him without having to face him.'

You let him go and looked at him.

'How?'

'I'll tell you about it.' Draco said while grabbing your hand.

-

You were watching the quidditch tryout of the ravenclaw team. This year, you decided not to join in but you still wanted to see it.

It was quite cold outside but you didn't care. You wore a coat, so it was okay. Draco said he would mend the cabinet today while you were there.

You watched the new people try out. It was nice to see it but you wished you were there.. you just knew you had other things to focus on.

'Y/N.'

You looked up and saw Luna.

'Mind if I sit down?' She asked.

You shook your head. She sat down besides you.

'Listen.. I approve of you and Draco. You know that, right?'

'I guess.' You said.

'I really do. I have since I found that note. If he makes you happy, I think it's a good thing.'

It was good to hear she approved.. even though you already knew that. You still wanted to be friends with Luna. Even though the others couldn't make you care less.. Luna had always been a friend to you, a very good one.. your best friend.

'Listen.. I know you can't care less about the other but.. I still want to be friends with you Y/N. We've been best friends since first year.'

You still didn't look at her and kept your eyes focused on the game. You wished she would just leave you alone. You knew you were going to disappoint her. You changed now. She didn't belong to your life anymore. You didn't want to hurt her.

'I know.' You just said.

'But?' Luna asked, clearly hearing that there was a reason why you were holding back.

'I'm not what's best for you anymore.' You said. 'I used to be, but a lot changed.'

She didn't get what you meant. Of course, she would never link you with death eaters. Because as she always said "you're not like your family".. yes, you were.

'You possibly can't change enough for me to never want to be friends with you again.'

You then decided to look at her to show her how serious you were.

'There are things going on which you'd never be able to understand.. I'm only going to disappoint you.. I might even be the first person you'll hate.'

You could see that she couldn't understand what you were saying.

'I could never hate you.' She said. 'You know that.'

'I dont.. because I never had to do this before.' You said.

You could tell her what was going on but you didn't want to. No one else could know. It was your own choice and now you had to live with it.

'What's up then?' She asked.

'I can't tell you.' You just said. 'You just need to stay friends with the rest. Don't waste your time on someone like me.'

You looked away from her again. Luna moved a little closer to you.

'We promised we'd always be there for each other. So no.. I'll keep "wasting my time" on you. Because you're my bestie.'

You looked back at her. You didn't know what to say. She just hugged you. You sighed and hugged her back.

'You could never survive without me.' She said.

You laughed a little.

'I just don't want to hurt you.' You said.

'You won't, I'm sure of that.'

You let each other go and both looked back at the tryouts while catching up.

'Hey.'

You looked up and smiled when you saw Draco.

'Hi.' You smiled while getting up.

You kissed his shortly.

'Was I bothering you two? Else, I'll just wait for you at the exit.'

'No, it's fine.' Luna smiled. 'We just had to fix our friendship for a moment.'

'Yes, so now you have to start being kind to Luna.'

'I think that'll work out.' Draco grinned.

'I'll see you later.' You smiled.

'Bye, guys.'

You and Draco walked away. You held his hand while you did.

'I thought-'

'I know.. she just means too much to me.' You said.