25 ~ I promise you

You were truly worried about Draco. He only seemed to be getting more depressed during the ride. Luckily, you were almost there.

'We should slowly start getting ready.' You said.

'You guys go ahead, I have to check something.'

His friends left. You didn't trust it. You grabbed his hand.

'I was talking to you too. I'll be right there.'

'I want to stay with you, Draco..'

'It's fine, Y/N. Just wait outside. I'll be right there.'

You looked at him. Draco could see you were worried. You just got up. Draco quickly got up and grabbed your wrist. You stopped and turned around. Draco kissed you deeply. You kissed him back.

'Wait for me there, okay?'

You just nodded and walked out of the train. It was dark outside. It was quite scary. Everyone was gone.

You stood there waiting. The blinds of the prefects compartment were closed. Sometimes you wished you could just look inside Dracos head. It was going to be a difficult time for both of you. Draco really had to talk to you so you could stop worrying about him and so you could make a better team.

Draco stepped out of the train. He looked at you for a moment and smiled. Your face was partly lit by the moon and the dim lights on the platform. You looked so beautiful. Your eyes twinkling in the light, your hair falling perfect as ever.. he felt so lucky to be with you.

You noticed draco staring at you. You looked at him and his smile grew a little wider.

'What?' You asked as you felt a smile cross your face.

'Can't I stare at my girlfriend?' He asked.

He walked over to you, laid his hand on your hip and kissed you shortly. He grabbed your hand as you two headed towards the carriages. It looked like you missed them.

You saw professor Flitwick waiting there. You two approached him.

'Names?' He asked.

'Is he for real?' Draco asked. 'Who doesn't know who I am?'

You sighed and pushed him back a little.

'Draco Lucius Malfoy and Y/N Y/L.' You said.

'Alright, off you go.'

You and draco walked towards the entrance towards the woods. Your bags were being searched. That was odd. It made you feel quite uncomfortable seeing that you saw pieces of your underwear laying on top of there. You tried to distract Draco a little to make sure he didn't notice.

Your bag was closed and they continued to Draco's.

'What's this? A wepon?'

'That's a walking stick, you idiot.' Draco spoke while pulling it from the mans hand.

You didn't know why Draco took his father's stick to school. Probably just to show off.

'It can be used as a wapon!'

'I can vouch for mister Malfoy.' Snape spoke.

Draco pushed the stick back in the suitcase and grabbed his bag. Snape looked at you. It was clear that he didn't see why you had to be chosen to do what you had to do.

You looked back and saw Harry. His nose was clearly broken en he was bleeding. He shot Draco a deadly glare.. Draco did this, didn't he?

'Nice face, Potter.' Draco smirked.

He grabbed your hand while you both walked away.

'You did that, didn't you?'

'What?'

'Break Harry's nose.'

'Why do you immediately think it was me?' Draco asked.

'The glare he gave you and the way you smirked when you confronted him.' You said.

Draco sighed.

'So what if I did? He was eavesdropping.'

'That doesn't mean you break his nose!' You hissed.

'Oh my Gosh, just let it go! It was just a punch. Who cares?'

'Well, I do because yo-'

'Mister Malfoy, mind if I have a word?'

'I'll be right back.'

You let out a frustrated sigh.

-

You didn't get the chance to talk to him again. You got dressed and went to the great hall where you didn't even sit together.

You watched Draco. He was just sitting there, staring at the table. Not even touching the food that was already there. You tried to stay focused on yourself. I mean.. you were worried about other things too. Like you didn't even know where to start with this task! You didn't want to look Dumbledore in the eye while killing him. There must be another way.

You just started eating. You couldn't help but look up at Draco again. He wasn't even moving. He was just sitting there.

The sorting session began but you didn't feel interested in that. You couldn't care less about who'd join your house or the others.

Also, Dumbledores speech went past you. It was about Tom Riddle and stuff like that. Everyone knew Voldemort was back. He was warning everyone.

Dumbledore had always been nice to you. He didn't deserve this. Why were you doing this? Because you had to. You want to be accepted, so you gotta make sure you deserve it.

When the speech ended, you rushed over to draco right away. He was zoned out and didn't even realise people were leaving. You laid your hand on his shoulder. He looked up and got up.

'We need to talk.' You said.

'That sounds serious.'

'It is. I know we're not allowed to be out but please just come with me.'

Draco agreed to follow you. You took him up to the room of requirement. You entered and watched the door disappear.

'What's up?' Draco asked.

'I need you to keep talking to me.' You spoke.

Draco seemed a bit confused.

'You're clearly bothered by something and that's okay. So am I.. but you need to share with me what's wrong. I can't keep worrying about you too, I need to know what's going on inside your head.'

'There is nothing-'

'Yes, there is. I can see it in the way you're behaving. You're not yourself.. please, Draco.'

Draco pulled you into a hug. You held him tightly and felt him kiss your head.

'I'm just thinking about a way to keep you away from the killing part of this. I dont want you to go through this all.'

'We're in this together, Draco. I know it's scary and I know we both dont want this but together we can do it. I promise you.'

Draco let you go and kissed you deeply. You kissed him back right away. You could feel how tensed he was. You pulled back and looked at him.

'I can feel you're stressed out.' You said.

'I'm okay, dont worry too much about me.'

You looked at him.

'I know we're in different houses but your friends know about me.. if you want.. I mean, I know we haven't done that yet but I can join you tonight. Nothing weird though.'

Draco laughed.

'You're always welcome to join.'