16 ~ thank you though

'A boy, huh?' Harry asked you.

You had been ignoring him. There couldn't be a good reason for him to spill the tea about your family.

You walked past him, Not even paying any attention to him. You just kept walking. Luna was walking behind you.

'Y/N, Are you sure quitting was the best idea?' She asked.

'Yes. I'm done. You guys go ahead and do your thing.'

Luna grabbed your arm and stopped you. You looked at Luna. The other of the DA were right behind you two.

'We need everyone in the DA. Also you. We don't care about your parents.'

'You guys shouldn't even know about my parents.' You said while shooting a deadly glare at Harry.

You pulled your arm back and continued walking. You looked at Draco while you passed him. Only shortly. You promised him you'd leave him alone.

'Do you want to talk, Y/N? Alone?' Luna asked.

'There is absolutely nothing to talk about.' You sighed while walking into the potions classroom.

You were still Draco's partner. The last few lessons you had to work alone. Only once or twice together. Today you had to work alone too. Maybe that was best seeing there wasn't really anyone who you wanted to work with.

You watch Draco walk in. It had been like a week since you spoke to him. You looked away from him. He sat down at the table besides you. He had to.

You didn't even look at him. You didn't even want to. You were wondering when he'd finally talk to you again..

-

Well, it wasn't that lesson. You made your way out of there and took a moment to breathe.

'Y/N.'

You looked to the side and saw Hermione. They really couldn't leave you alone, could they?

'I just wanted to say that Harry just wanted to help you to get it off your chest. He really thought that that was what you were struggling with. We all just want to help you.'

You didn't say anything. They couldn't help you.

'Please just come back to the DA. We need you! You're pretty strong.'

'Thank you for the compliment but I made my choice.'

'Please Y/N.' Neville asked. 'We can use anyone.'

You looked at him.

'No. Damn don't you guys have practising to do?' You sighed. 'Leave me alone. I told you I've made my choice.'

'Listen, Y/N, I truly am sorry but I just wanted to give you the help you need.' Harry said.

'You guys are very persistent.'

You turned around and looked at Draco. Why was he interfering with this?

'Shut up, Malfoy. This isn't about you.' Harry hissed.

'She's telling you to leave her alone, isn't she?' Draco asked.

His face was emotionless. You couldn't quite understand why he was doing this.

'Don't pretend to like her, You hate her.'

'You're annoying everyone. You keep asking the same question over and over again. Everyone here knows you're not gonna get an answer.'

'Well, guess what? I don't care that you're annoyed by me.'

'You're still bothering someone who's asking you to be left alone.' Draco said.

'I ask you that all the time, yet you don't care.'

Draco snorted.

'You're a guy. I don't need to have any respect for you.' Draco laughed.

'Are you tell me that I'm disrespecting her while you've been bothering her too.'

'She has never told me to leave her alone.' Draco shrugged while looking at you.

You indeed never said that. Maybe because you liked him for longer than you realised. You told him to stop but you never literally told him to leave you alone.

'I don't believe you.'

'It's true.' You said. 'I've told him to stop but I never literally said "leave me alone".. and I am telling you to leave me alone.'

Harry looked at you.

'So you're telling your friend to leave you alone but not the guy who has been bothering you for 5 years?' He asked while raising his brows.

'Draco isn't the one who spread my secret. You are.' You said. ' Draco never screwed me over like that. Even though you might have good intentions.. you could've talked to me. You could've asked me.'

Draco realised that you two made a pretty good team against Harry. He found himself smiling a little.

'I'm sorry that I didn't ask.. but I just wanted to offer you help seeing you didn't ask for it yourself.'

'Offer me help? How about you ask me if there is anything you can do for me?' You asked. 'Harry just.. leave. Okay? Just let me deal with this by myself.'

You sighed and walked away. You past Draco a tiny, almost invisible smile. He watched you leave.

It felt good to tell Harry what you thought. It just took a little help for you to be able to. Would this be a step in the right direction for you and Draco? Did this mean that Draco kinda wanted you to be okay?

Well he always wanted to be okay. You looked at your bracelet and smiled. He really did want you to be okay.

You covered the bracelet with your sleeve. You didn't want to make yourself believe. It could still all go wrong.

'Y/N.'

You stopped and turned around. You saw Draco there. He followed you.

'Hey.' You smiled.

'I just wanted to ask you.. Why did you never tell me to leave you alone?'

You blushed and smiled a little. He was adorable.

'I don't know. You never seemed to annoy me enough.' You said. 'But if you want to make that your life goal I'd say go for it.' You chuckled.

Draco didn't really want to achieve that. Yet he couldn't really tell you.

'Thank you though.' You said.

'For what?'

'Helping me with Harry. He's a pain.'

Draco grinned.

'What took you so long to realise?'

You grinned too.

'I don't know. I'll leave you to it, Draco. I hope you'll make up your mind someday.'

You turned around and decided to walk away. Draco allowed you to. He truly hoped that he could make up his mind someday, too.