Smile

*I skipped the practical exams because (M/N) shouldn't play any part in it. Oh also prepare for some cringe, I'm not even joking.

The Uraraka siblings were making their way home in silence. (M/N) was fiddling with his phone, having a weird conversation with one of his best pals, Kirishima. As their houses came into view, Ochaco suddenly spoke up.

"So.... (M/N)."

Said male made a sound of acknowledgement as his fingers continued typing away.

"The girls are having a little get together at the school pool in a few days. And since the boys have decided to join in, would you mind being our chaperone that day? Because according to Mina, an adult figure has to, you know, keep the boys in order."

She gave (M/N) a sheepish smile at the end, looking up at her brother with a hopeful gaze.

Chuckling at her expression, (M/N) nodded without hesitation. "I don't see why not. I'll even ask Aizawa-sensei to tag along."

Beaming at her brother's response, she whipped out her phone to confirm that her brother will appear that day.

Agreeing to be the chaperone for Class 1A's little swimming meet up, (M/N) excitedly encouraged the sleepy homeroom teacher to join them. Only to be rejected by a simple, "Why should I? They already have you."

Even with the rejected invite, (M/N)'s heart couldn't help but swell with pride. I mean, who wouldn't be when the person you have looked up to all this time suddenly trusts you with handling their class of energetic hooligans.

But there was one student, that didn't seem all that eager to join in. That student, is Bakugou Katsuki, the asshole of Class 1A and (M/N)'s dear friend that he may or may not have caught feelings for—that he finally admits to after months of denial.

Thing is, (M/N) never cared about how anyone viewed him. One could call him annoying and childish in his face and he wouldn't care. He knows himself, all of his weaknesses and strengths. And in particular, stupidity was not one of them. He may be annoying and somewhat childish, but it's part of his charm (is what he tells himself).

Yet, when it came to Bakugou, his mind clouds with worry. He fears the judgement of this particular friend the most. Masking his worry with his cheeky smile and comical jokes, he had been trying to push away the feelings that he had come to accept he has.

Bakugou made him vulnerable, that is something he could not be.

Anyways, moving on.

Taking out his phone, (M/N) decided to try convincing Bakugou to join the swim meet over text messaging. He wasn't really in the mood to forcefully drag him to the pool when just the sight of Bakugou already made his arms feel like jelly.

(M/N):
Hey Babe!

(If you cringed don't worry, I get it.)

The message was sent, the embarrassing pet name went unoticed by (M/N) as he switched his messaging tab to Kirishima.

But on the other end, Bakugou had been eating a surprisingly quiet dinner with his family. His plate of curry drowning in hot sauce, giving it an unnatural red colour.

When he heard the familiar ding of a notification, he snatched up his phone after taking in a huge spoon of curry. After realising who the message was from, Bakugou grumbled in slight annoyance, knowing the male was probably going to attempt to convince him to join the swim meet at some point in their conversation.

When he opened the actual message, the only two words on screen made his brain panic. His mind racing with a milliom curse words as he had the unfamiliar feeling to squeal. He felt his cheeks heat up slightly, biting down on his lower lip to suppress and uncharacteristic smile.