Percy

Jason's death had torn Percy apart. Jason had been like a brother to Percy, they could talk about anything together. His girlfriend, Annabeth, hadn't been spending as much time with him as she was often consoling her best friend, Piper, who was Jason's ex. They had broken up a couple of months before his death. Jason had never opened up to Percy about the breakup and Percy blamed himself for not being more approachable. He also blamed that worthless Apollo for Jason's death. If only he hadn't screwed up then maybe Jason wouldn't be dead!  Anyways... Camp Half-Blood was more packed than ever this summer. Percy had just arrived from back home, after spending an eventful term with his mother and his baby sister, Estelle. She seemed to be particularly fond of water like her brother! When he had arrived the previous week, he was surprised to see all the different cabins for the minor gods and some were still under construction. He had made friends with a particularly keen son of Iris who insisted on taking pegasi flying lessons from Percy. Percy sometimes even let him ride Blackjack, and they got along pretty well together. A special camp meeting for the Six and Nico had been scheduled for this evening. It was almost certainly going to be another quest. Percy wondered what mess the gods had made this time. He couldn't wait to see Leo, Hazel, Frank, Annabeth, and Piper who were yet to arrive. Nico was an all year camper, so was at Camp Half-Blood when Percy arrived. He was really glad Nico had decided to stay, even if he still found it hard to open up to his friends. Will was helping him with his people skills, however. Percy decided to go practice sword-fighting against some of the Ares campers to kill time. He wandered out of his cabin and headed to the arena.