Lucky

Regina felt a fever rage through her body. She felt sick. Her body was on fire.
    Emma walked over to the bed Regina laid in. The guest room. "How do you feel?"
    Regina glared at her. Emma let a smile cross her face. "I'll take that as a not good." She presses a cool cloth to her forehead. She was becoming an expert at this. "You have a fever." She mumbled.
"I know that." She snapped.
Emma raised her hands in surrender. "Fine. Would you allow me to help you your majesty?" She asked raising her eyebrow.
Regina's gaze shot daggers at Emma. "Shut up and make the fire go away." She snapped.
"That's what I though." Emma snapped with equal force. She returned the cloth Regina's forehead. "A cool bath would help bring your temperature down."
Regina shook her head. "No thank you."
"It's not like I've never helped you bathe before." Emma said.
"I don't like cold baths." Regina said. Her ears heard Henry yell for Emma downstairs. It sounded urgent.
Emma heard it too. "I'll be back." She said, set the cloth on the table and walked out of the room.
Regina sat up slowly and watched the blonde leave in a hurry.
The blonde didn't return soon. She returned about thirty minutes later. "Mary Margaret's gone missing. I have to go look for her. Will you be okay-"
"Go." Regina said. "I'll be fine." She said. Emma looked worried. Now Regina May be a villain but she wasn't heartless. She knew Emma was scared. It was her mother of course.
Emma nodded and returned out the door.
    Regina threw the covers off. Her injuries were not quite healed but they were getting there. She could walk easier but her fever left her feeling like she could fall at any second. She pulled a jacket from the closet around her shoulders and walked down the stairs.
     Henry looked at her. "Mum said you're not well. Shouldn't you be-"
    "Are you going to help me find your grandmother or are you just going to ask questions?" Regina asked with force in her voice.
    Henry looked scared of her but walked to her side. They walked out of the house and down the dark sidewalk.
     It seems everyone else in the town was searching too. They were too busy to notice Regina was there with them.
    She took Henry's wrist into hers. "Do they have anyone searching in the woods?" She whispered to him.
     He shook his head. She felt his hand shaking in hers. He didn't want it search alone with her. "Come on then." She said and walked them into the woods.
    Her own body was shaking but that was due to the fever. She let go of Henry's small hand and pulled the jacket off. The fever left her body on fire. She felt no need for the jacket.
    She and Henry began to search.
    He looked at her. "You're not as bad as people think." He mumbled a few moments later.
    Regina just nodded and continued to search.
   "Get away from my grandson!" A male voice said. The voice was all too familiar. 
     Regina spun around. "You got out?"
     David crossed his arms. "Get away from Henry or something bad is going to happen to you."
    Henry shocked them both. He stepped in front of Regina. "Help us find grandma or go somewhere else. You're not laying a hand on her." He said.
     David looked at him with confusion. "Why are you defending her?"
     Henry stood his ground. "She's not harming anyone. She's trying to help." He snapped.
Regina's head started to spin like it had when Emma found the nurse. She felt pain shot through her but she ignored it.
David glared at Henry. "Henry Get away from her. I know you don't want to be at her side. She shouldn't even be around children."
"Why?" Henry asked.
Regina looked at David. "Don't." She warned him.
David looked at her. His eyes dark. "She killed her son."
Henry looked at Regina. She clenched her fist and looked at David. She looked like she was about to lunge at him.
"You want to tell him the story Regina or shall I?" David asked.
Regina felt her long nails dig into her palms and she took a step towards David. "You will be lucky if I let you stay alive." She snapped.