I looked over at Keon, and I was clearly annoyed. It had been a few days since our trip to New York and I was just now settling back into my comfortable life in Colorado. New York City had run its course and now all I wanted to do was sleep.

"Yo, look at this shit!", Keon showed off his phone to his homeboys that was crowded around him laughing. I rolled my eyes and stood up folding my arms.

"I'm about to get ready and go back to my apartment."
He looked up at me, blowing the weed smoke from his mouth. "Damn, you going back to your place? I thought we was supposed to hang out."

I shook my head. "Not tonight, Keon. I'm so sleepy. I just wanna sleep."

"Aight."

He leaned up and gave me a kiss and told me to be safe and call him as soon as I got home. I fought tooth and nail that I could just order an Uber instead of his friend driving me home. When my Uber dropped me off I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

I walked into my apartment, excited to finally be back in my own space. I made a mental to do list that consisted of calling Tiana and setting up a date with her and going grocery shopping. I did my nightly routine and decided against showering for long tonight and took a quick wash off. I was just that damn tired.

I found Keon's contact and clicked call.

Hello? Yeah I just made it home.

Baby! I can't even hear you. What you say?
I listened to the loud music and all the people yelling in the background. I rolled my eyes at the sound and sighed.
Goodnight, Keon.
I knew he was gonna be mad because I hung up in his face so I went to our text message thread, texting him to save a huge blowout argument.

Me: I said goodnight cause it's so loud in there. Don't be mad I'm just hella tired and wanna rest. ❤️
Keon💏: U good. Get rest. Call me in am. ❤️
I smiled at his message. He always want somebody to call him, I thought. I thought about Keon and I in New York my whole way to sleep.
<>
I woke up the next morning to my hair everywhere and the covers all jumbled up. It took a few seconds for everything to register in my brain as I sat up and saw Lucas sitting in the white fluffy chair in the corner of my room.

I swear I could've pissed myself right then and there

"You slept good, I see."

So many emotions flooded my mind and tears wet my eyes. God, he was okay. That's the only thing I even thought about constantly. He was actually alive.