Chapter 32.5~ The Old Flame (bonus)

This chapter isn't necessary for the main plot of this story, which is obviously based on the Zodiacs in training. But if you're curious to know more about Miss Lupus, her relationship with Draco, The Queen and the Nova generation, then that's what this chapter holds!

"Cause you cut me wide open,
And left tear drops on all my white roses."
~Greyson Chance

Miss Lupus' POV:

Miss Lupus' POV:

"Goddess, what took you so long?" Ophi greeted me as I stepped onto the port. She was  wearing one of her 'industrial-Queen' gowns, as she liked to call them, with a flat-lying brown skirt, no crinoline, linen sleeves and large pockets. Ophi had been peculiar about her dresses since we were about 10 years old. And of course, her majesty couldn't go anywhere without her crown. She just liked the shiny jewels more than the status statement.

"I've got thirteen children, remember? The ones you chose me to look after? They require a little extra straightening out," I replied and we took a sharp right turn onto the dock where the suspicious package was being held.

"Oh, but they're rather sweet," Ophi smiled. One of the things I both loved and hated about her was that she always saw the best in people.

"Easy for you to say when you don't live in the same treehouse as them," I said and the Queen shook her head at me with a chuckle.

"Are they much trouble?" She raised an eyebrow.

"More than you could imagine," I huffed, remembering the smashed bottle and juice-stained wall I returned home to yesterday. And when the kitchen was set on fire. And when they snuck out to get drunk at a party. And when Sagittarius shot an arrow through the kitchen window. And that bimbo Leo brought to the house. And when Aries and Gem got high as kites in his bedroom. "But, I suppose, they're not that bad."

"You'll learn to love them like you're own children, trust me," Ophi gave me her nation-winning smile, which I loved just as much as the next citizen of Zodia.

"So the suspicious package was sent from Meridian? Are we sure that it's for The Golden Rebellion?" I asked, changing my tone from casual to professional.

"Not 100%, but it's close enough to be of concern. Forensics still haven't been able to identify the liquid leaking from the crate and I have to say the smell is rancid," Ophi's face scrunched up in slight disgust.

At the first docking point, there was a crowd of people. I recognized a few Royal Guardsman, General Ursa and the Zodiacs.

Pyxis was tapping her foot impatiently, like always. She was one of those people that never waited for anyone or anything, except for the Queen, which was why it was fitting that her elixir-given power was enhanced speed.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked Pyxis, looking across the rest of the Nova generation who were assessing the large wooden crate that was in question. "It's not safe. There may be a live creature in there."