Chapter 18~ The Spring Moon Ball

Virgo's POV:

Virgo's POV:

During the afternoon of the Spring Moon Ball the treehouse was hectic. Despite it being so large, it still seemed overcrowded, what with all the make up artists and hairstylists and salon workers.

We spent the better part of the day, (after our hideous and frankly horrid workout in the morning) getting ready. Well, the girls were getting ready. It was not until ten minutes before our ride was due to arrive that the boys got off their asses to put their tuxes on.

I leaned against the kitchen counter top (which was now fixed, Miss Lupus brung in a construction crew two weeks prior to fix the fire damage), tapping my new acrylic nails. They were a subtle lilac shade, to match my dress.

I was paranoid.

Not that I wasn't always paranoid. I'm sure if you held a competition to see who was the most paranoid person in Zodia, I would win by a few hundred miles.

So I ended up tapping, tapping and tapping my nails on the kitchen counter. I was all ready to go. My hair was done, my make up was flawless and I was clad in a dress that could only be described as gorgeous.

But I was so fucking terrified I thought I was gonna make myself sick.

Everyone else was either excited, or didn't care for tonight. But I just had a feeling, in the pit of my gut. A horrible, wrenching feeling.

When the limousine arrived at the treehouse to escort us all to the ball, Miss Lupus made sure to double go over everything we needed to know.

Enter the venue in your assigned pairs, arms linked, heads high, gracious smiles all round.

Dance as Sir Hydra taught, nothing more or less.

Speak only when spoken to, cause you fools find something inappropriate to say every time you open your mouths.

Only visit the buffet once during the night. Chew daintily and with your mouths closed. And DO NOT all go at once.

And, most importantly, under no circumstance, use your powers.

Simple enough, I supposed.

When we arrived at the venue, Cancer was tapping at the limousine windows almost as quickly as I was tapping my fingers earlier. Her face was alight like the fairy lights that could be seen in the distance.

"That's the Queen's courtyard! Oh my Goddess, we're actually at the fucking Spring Moon Ball," Cancer exclaimed.

"Can someone put some tape over this girl's mouth? I can't keep listening to her go on about this fucking Ball," Taurus rolled his eyes.

I was going to tell him that I'd step on his toes with my stilettos while we were dancing for insulting my friend, but another sudden wave of paranoia washed over me as the long line of waiting guests came into view.