"And iced tea." he said with a satisfied grin. "I might just keep you around, after all."

"Speaking of which..." Lark trailed off, taking her sandwich out of its ziplock bag. "...so the invites for Edward and Bella's wedding came in the mail today. And I was wondering if you'd like to come as my date. I know you guys aren't super fond of them, and you're allowed to say no, but I just thought I'd ask."

"No, no, I'd love to." he assured her.

"Really?" she asked, taken aback.

Paul nodded. "Really. Am I extremely fond of the Cullens? Not exactly. But can I stand being around them for a few hours if it means I get to bust a move on the dance floor and embarrass you? Of course."

Lark rolled her eyes, fighting the smile that threatened to creep up by taking another bite of her sandwich. "You are impossible," she said.

Paul shrugged as he finished his first sandwich and pulled out the second one. "I tell it like it is."

"So what's been going on?" Lark asked, switching the subject. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"I went to Tacoma to see my mom for a few days." he explained, turning his gaze off the cliff to watch the ocean spread out around them. "It was okay. I miss her a lot, so I'm glad I got to see her. Her and my dad still aren't on the best of terms, even after all these years, so I don't see her very often."

Paul sighed, standing up and holding his hand out to Lark.

"Come on," he said, "enough being sad, let's go jump off a cliff."

"So subtle, Lahote." Lark said with a sly grin, taking his hand and allowing him to pull her onto her feet.

Lark packed up the picnic basket and folded the blanket and returned them to her car, shedding off her shirt and shorts to reveal the swimsuit she wore underneath. She tossed the clothing into her car along with her shoes before walking back over to where Paul was waiting, surveying the water below.

"Just think, a few weeks ago we had to drag you up here." Paul mused, smiling down at Lark. "Now you're ready and raring to go. Are you ready to jump off on your own?"

"Absolutely not," she said, reaching out and taking his hand.

Paul smirked. "That's what I thought."

Paul took a few steps back, pulling her along with him as they allowed themselves room to get a running start. He looked back at her, jumping up and down in anticipation.

"Try not to die," he said before the two started to run, taking a leap off the cliff at the last second and flying through the air.

Lark couldn't help but smile at the rush of adrenaline that surged through her body as they plummeted to the water below. She lifted up her arms, pulling Paul's up in return, and gave a holler of glee, feeling as if she were flying. They hit the water with a splash, their hands breaking apart against the pressure of the tide as they went under, and Lark kicked her legs in an attempt to regain control and push herself back up above the surface.

She broke the surface of the water with a gasp, catching her breath and looking around with a smile, her eyes landing on Paul reaching the surface a few moments later. The two watched each other silently, the only audible sounds that of their breathing as they tried to get it back under control after the jump.

"See?" he asked. "You're getting the hang of it."

Lark treaded water as Paul swam over to her with a smile, closing the distance between them and pressing his lips to hers. She shut her eyes as she kissed him back for a moment before he pulled away, her cheeks tinged pink when her eyes fluttered open again.

"Come on," he said, jerking his head back in the direction of the shore as he swam around her. "let's go again."