Chapter One

Chapter One

"Recognized: Robin, B01; Kid Flash, B03."

The pair finally made it to Mount Justice, racing to where Aqualad, Miss Martian, Superboy and Reyna stood.

"Did you ask him?"

"What did he say?"

Robin and Kid Flash spoke in unison, giving them hopeful looks. Aqualad turned, his eyes glimmering with a sort of mischief and excitement.

"He's arriving now."

Kid Flash punched Robin slightly in the shoulder, turning on his heel and racing - at human speed - towards the bay doors. Reyna held her fist slightly in the air, levitating two feet from the ground and flew after him, the rest following after her.

She quickly overtook Kid Flash, sticking out her tongue and speeding fast him. He let out a huff of annoyance, pouting as the Green Lantern reached the doors before him. The ramp opened, allowing the six of them to exit the cave and arrive on the soft grass.

Red Tornado approached the ground. A, well, red tornado surrounded the lower half of his body, allowing him to levitate in the air.

"Red Tornado," Kid Flash called as the android landed, waving a hand in the air with a smile.

"Greetings," the android stated. "Is there a reason you intercept me outside the cave?"

"We hoped you had a mission for us," the Atlantean said, one hand in the air to articulate his point.

"Mission assignments are the Batman's assignment."

"But," Robin stepped forward. "It's been over a week, and nothing—"

Red Tornado held a hand out to stop Robin from finishing his sentence. "You will be tested soon enough. For the time being, simply enjoy each other's company."

"This team is not a social club," Aqualad all but spat at Red Tornado, his brows furrowing.

"No," Red Tornado agreed, pointing at us. "But I am told social interaction is an important team-building exercise. Perhaps you can keep busy by familiarizing yourself with the cave.

"Keep busy," Kid Flash punched Robin's shoulder.

"Does he think we're falling for this?" Robin asked.

"Ooh," Miss Martian said, bringing her arms up in excitement. "I'll find out!"

She turned, her eyes boring into Red Tornado's back. They closed slightly, lids falling closer together as she concentrated on the android's retreating figure.

"Recognized: Red Tornado, 1-6." The Zeta Tube announced. Miss Martian faltered, eyes suddenly finding interest in the ground.

"I- I'm sorry," she sighed. "I forgot, he's a machine. Inorganic. I cannot read his mind."

"Nice try, though," Kid Flash comforted. For a second, Reyna thought, 'wow, he actually said something nice to a girl without flirting with them'. Then, he did just that.

"So, uh, you know what I'm thinkin' right now?"

Reyna's face crinkled up, shaking her head slightly and rolling her eyes.

"We all know what you're thinkin' now," Robin said, elbowing Kid Flash in the back. Kid Flash cringed, making a soft noise of annoyance.

"Kid, let's play a game." Reyna suggested, drawing everyone's attention to the girl.

"Okay," he said quickly, turning his advances towards her. "you know I could never say no to you."

"Cool. It's a game called 'Let's-Not-Hit-On-Miss-Martian-And-Make-Her-Feel-Uncomfortable. It's my favorite game. You should try it some time!"