Chapter 1

EDITED
Izuku's POV~

It was my night off. My first night off in a very long time. A couple months, maybe even a year. Being the number one pro hero sure keeps people busy.

I was walking around the city park, just wasting time and relaxing. I had all night, I wasn't in any kind of rush. I wouldn't have to work again until tomorrow evening, which meant I could sleep in! Jeez, I hadn't done that in years.

It was dark out, the only light coming from the lamps and fairy lights the park had set up a few years back. I had past by before and seen them, but I had never really been able to fully appreciate them before. The way they twinkled along the path and nearly blended into the sky, making the trail seem like it was lined with star dust.

I was walking along, fairly slow, taking my time. The only noise coming from my soft footfalls and the light humming I had started to keep myself company. That was one thing that I hadn't foreseen when I first became a pro. The loneliness.

Sure, you have a million fans and other pros around. You weren't alone really, but you didn't have someone. I went to bed alone. I woke up alone. I ate alone. It was lonely.

Even if I was stuck with just myself for the rest of my life, I wouldn't give it up.

Being a pro, there's just nothing like it. Saving people and being someone people can look up to, is what makes it all worth it. It's the reason I wanted to become a pro in the first place. I wanted to save people, just like All Might. I think he'd be proud if he saw how far I've come.

Oh gosh! He's not dead!

I just haven't seen him in a few years. He went on vacation and kinda dropped off the grid. No one has any idea when he'll be coming back, but he sends post cards to Aizawa, keeping him up to date on how he's doing and everything.

"You're an idiot."

A voice coming from a little ways down the path startled me out of my own thoughts. It was quite late, so it surprised me that there were other people out and about.

"Hey! That totally would have worked if you just would have listened to me!" Another voice said.

I was starting to get curious as to who the voices belonged to and decided to find out. I followed the path a few more feet and saw a bend. I moved my head to look down it and saw two guys. One with spiky blond hair, and the other with spiky red hair.

"You told me to flirt with him as a distraction." The blond said, not looking amused.

"Yeah, and if you would have tried, at all, I could have gotten it!" The red head said while throwing his hands up in the air.

"I can't believe you failed at stealing a packet of beef jerky." The blond said in clear disbelief.

"We. We failed at stealing beef jerky."

I decided to make my presence known, seeing as they were clearly talking about illegal activities and well... it's fun to watch people squirm when they think they're getting in trouble by a pro. I couldn't even arrest them or anything, they didn't actually succeed in stealing. I was just bored.

"Whatcha guys talking about?" I said, walking up behind the red head.

He clearly wasn't paying attention to his surrounds, because he shrieked and jumped in the air. Both the blond and I broke out in laughter. "I didn't mean to startle you." I said while clutching my stomach.

Realization dawned on both of their faces as they got a clear look at me. I was off duty and wasn't wearing my costume, but I was pretty recognizable. "Ah shit, how much of that conversation did you hear?" The red head asked.

I smiled, because that's kind of my thing. "Enough." I said back.

"Fuck, is this where we start running Katsuki?" The red head asked.

I looked back at the blond, Katsuki, and noticed his scowl. Why did that ring a bell?

"Holy shit. Kacchan?" I said in disbelief.

His scowled deepened. "What'd you want Deku?"

"Wow, haven't seen you since we were like eight and I don't even get a hi?" I asked, mocking offense. If he was anything like back then, his lack of greeting isn't shocking.

"Hi nerd, how've you been?" He asked sarcastically.

"Fantastic! I'm the number one hero now. Told you I could do it." I said with a big smile. I mean, the kid was my driving force for most of my life, I just wanted him to be at least a little bit proud.

I saw his scowl soften at my words. "Yeah, you did. I have to admit, I was more than surprised when I heard that you used my old nickname as your hero name." He said.

"Nope, Eijirou you aren't sneaky." Kacchan said, grabbing the hood of the red head who tried to sneak away when he thought I wasn't paying attention. I had noticed, I just didn't really care. I wasn't going to arrest them anyway.

"Yeah, I wanted to change the meaning." I said with a shrug. He nodded his head in understanding.

"So what have you been up to? I thought you wanted to become a pro to?" I asked, a little confused. When we were kids it's all Kacchan talked about.

Eijirou, the red head, broke out laughing at my question. "Wow, you really haven't seen him since you were eight." He said, confusing me even more.

Kacchan elbowed him in the gut, successfully shutting him up. "Uh yeah, that didn't work out so well." My childhood friend said, almost nervously. That was even weirder. Since when did Kacchan get nervous? I guess people really do change.

"Well that's too bad. It would have been nice to get partnered up some times." I said, smile turning a little bit more sad.

It was quiet for a few seconds before the red head decided to break it. "Um- I'm Eijirou Kirishima, by the way. Nice to meet you!" He said with a bight smile, showing off his sharp teeth.

"Whoa! You're teeth are so cool! Do they have anything to do with your quirk?" I asked, accidentally fan boying. Old habits die hard.

"Still a hopeless fan boy, huh Deku?" Kacchan said with a small smile. I blushed a little and nodded.

"Um actually, they don't really have anything to do with my quirk." Kirishima said with a shrug. I nodded.

Kirishima's watched beeped, drawing both his and Kacchan's attention. "Shit, we have to go. It was nice meeting you, Deku!" Kirishima said, getting ready to bolt away.

"Oh yeah, you can call me Midoriya if you want." I said.

He smiled, but it seemed different this time, sweeter almost. "Nice to meet you Midoriya." He said and then ran off, jumping over a park bench and disappearing into the trees.

"What the-"

"See ya around Deku." Kacchan said, throwing a last glance over his shoulder before he followed Kirishima's route and was gone.

"Um, bye?"