Chapter 7

EDITED
Izuku's POV~

"You've got to be kidding me." We both said at the same time.

I stood up and pointed my hand at him, ready to flick it if he made any sudden move. I had deduced that the best strategy for me with him, is to stay as far away as possible. I can't do any real damage and I just end up taking hits.

He left the box on the ground and slowly raised his hands up in surrender. "I'm not gonna hurt you-"

"If I stay calm and do exactly what you say?" I asked with a quirked up brow.

He chuckled, "I guess that was valid, but it wasn't what I was gonna say."

"Oh really? Then enlighten me. What were you going to say?" I asked sassily.

"I'm not going to hurt you, but he might." He said, nodding to someone behind me.

I quickly turned around.

And there was no one there.

I felt arms wrap around me and cover my mouth. I could feel the jagged surface of his arms and chest and knew he activated his quirk. I didn't have anyway out. Even with my own quirk, I couldn't get his arms to budge. I stopped struggling as my side started to throb. I needed to conserve my energy.

"Damn, you're feisty." He mumbled. I tried to huff, but his hand was still on my mouth. He moved it.

"Well, what's your plan now smart one? As soon as you let go or deactivate your quirk, it's game over." I said, a little less than pleased by my current predicament.

He was quiet for a second before he moved over to an open door and shouted out a quick, "Blasty, we've got a problem."

I heard a crash and then loud foot steps. Here comes Zero. I'm thrilled if you can't tell.

Not.

"I swear to god if you call me that one more time- Oh you've got to be shitting me." He said as soon as he saw me in Red's arms. "Why do you keep turning up?!" He asked me angrily.

"You know, I was asking myself the same thing." I said absent mindedly.

I wasn't too worried or distressed. All I had to was wait for them to either let me go, Red to get tired or slip up, or Shoto and Uraraka find me. Any way that happens, I'm good.

"Try staying out of this district next time." Zero mumbled as he bent down to grab Red's abandoned box.

Not a bad ass.

"Are you saying you guys stay in this district?" I asked him. They pop up everywhere, we've never been able to pin point where their 'home base', for lack of better term, is.

Zero didn't say anything, just sent a meaningful look. He knew that I knew the answer, but now he wanted to see what I'd do with it. If I'd keep it to myself, or if I'd run and blab. Why was he even thinking I'd pick the first?

I huffed, feeling guilty for some reason. I definitely don't owe them anything, so why do I feel bad about revealing their hide out? It's not even that, it's a whole district.

"What'd we do?" Red asked Zero in a hushed voice, like he thought I couldn't hear him. I was literally two inches from his mouth.

"Well you're the dumbass who grabbed him." Zero shot back.

"What did you want me to do? Throw him into a wall?" Red asked in an accusing tone. Zero quickly averted his gaze.

I narrowed me eyes at him. "Do you- do you actually feel bad about that?" I asked the villain in complete shock.

He snapped his eyes to meet mine. "Wh- No! Why the hell would I feel bad about blasting a damn hero into a wall?!" He yelled, but there was no real malice in his tone, which surprised me.

"You do have a heart!" I shouted, a little to loud.

"Shut the fuck up!" He hissed, getting really close to my face with his sparking hand. I still wasn't sure if he'd actually do it or not, but I decided to play it safe. I didn't fancy twinning with Shoto anytime soon.

I kept my mouth shut.

He let out a breath of air and moved his hand. "Thank you. That wasn't so hard was it?" He asked, but received no answer from me. Not gonna lie, I was a little scared of him. Easy to pretend that they're just normal people and they don't want to cause you major bodily harm, but I had to face facts. They were both ruthless criminals and no matter how much banter we went through, it wouldn't change that fact.

He looked like he was going to say something else, but right as he opened his mouth, two sprinting figures showed up from behind him.

"Fuck." I heard Red mutter from behind me. "Zero, we have to get out of here. We can't do this, not with him." He said.

"I know."

"Zero, they're coming."

"I know."

"Zero!"

"I fucking know okay!" He said, disappearing into the shadows and leaving Red and me standing on the side of the road.

"Deku!" Uraraka shouted once she could finally make out that it was me. Red had moved his hand back over my mouth, so I couldn't reply. "Let him go!" She shouted, getting ready to fight.

I started to thrash, trying to warn her not to. He'd tear her to shreds and not even let me go. They needed a distance quirk. Shoto caught onto that.

"Uravity, wait. See the mask? It's Red, we have to handle this carefully." He said to her. She noticed and nodded her head in understanding.

"That means Zero's around here somewhere." She said looking around them. She leaned over and whispered something to Shoto, who nodded.

Uraraka stood behind Shoto, watching his back for Zero, and the duel haired man stomped his foot, causing ice to shoot out and connect Red and I's feet to the ground. Shoto nodded at me and I activated my quirk, breaking my feet out. I was able to slip out of Red's arms as he tried to break free.

I made my way to Shoto and Uraraka, figuring we should regroup before making any further moves, it wasn't like Red was going anywhere any time soon.

Until Zero showed up out of nowhere and blasted Red's feet out of the ice and then disappeared again, this time with both of them.

"You're an idiot." I heard Zero say to Red.

It sounded vaguely familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on why.

"You're in so much trouble mister!"

Shit, she sounds pissed.