i thought you loved him (part 1)

Third person POV
Peter was having a good day and he was rather enjoying himself. He had the day off from school (gas leak) so he spent almost all day pulling pranks with his Uncle Clint, hanging in the lab with his Uncle Bruce, talking his Aunt Nat. Peter was happy they were here on a visit. He was always happy when one of the avengers visited.

His Pops kind of disappeared today, but he was in the building. Peter had no clue where he was.

He was especially excited because his Dad was coming home from a week long business trip in Malibu! Peter really missed his dad, it wasn't the same at home without him.

Don't get him wrong, he loved his Pops! It's just Pops' friend who he wasn't too fond of, Bucky. Peter doesn't know why he doesn't like him, he just felt like he gave off a weird vibe. Peter never let Bucky know, so he has no clue what Peter feels of him and he planned to keep it that way. Bucky had been visiting a lot the last month and a half, more than anyone ever has.

Steve has seemed more suspicious to Peter and was gone a lot more for the past month or two, but Peter thought nothing of it, thinking it was just stress from SHIELD work.

Anyways, Peter was getting quite energetic from the anticipation of his Dad being home in less than a half an hour! He decided to work off some energy by going to the gym downstairs and throw a few punches to the punching bag.

He walked to the elevator and headed down to the gym floor. He walked into the main gym and was shocked by what he saw.

Steve, his Pops, the man who adopted him 13 years ago when he was two, was shirtless on the floor in the midst of getting his pants unbuckled by the person on top of him, his old friend Bucky, who only had boxers on. They were passionately kissing and with Peters advanced hearing, he heard his Pops tell Bucky something he never wanted to hear him say to anyone but his Dad. Three, simple words.

"I love you, Buck." He whispered in between breaths, obviously not seeing Peter's presence.

"Pops?" Peter finally squeaked out.

Steve's eyes widened in shock and fear, "Oh shit," He mumbled, earning a giggly 'language' from the person on top of him. Steve quickly pushed him off and re-buckled his pants.

"H-hey Pete!" He stammered out while reaching for his shirt. Bucky realized what was happening and got dressed himself.

"I can't believe this." Peter muttered, slightly dazed "Y-you're cheating on Dad?"

"No no no! It's not what it looks like!"

"Then what is it?" Peter questioned disbelievingly.

"It's—" Steve trailed off, unable to find an excuse.

"You're cheating on Dad! It's exactly what it looks like! Why? Why did you do it Pops?" Peter cried, tears filling his eyes.

"Peter please listen," He said as he tried to hug Peter, only for him to back away.

"Im going upstairs." He told him quietly as he ran upstairs.

"I fucked up." Steve admitted to himself, giving a quick glance at Bucky, who was standing awkwardly a few feet away. "You need to leave."

"I know, I'll go out the back."

"Yeah, you do that. Meet me at Delmars at 3:00." Steve said before chasing after Peter.

Upstairs, Tony walked out of the elevator. "I'm back!" He announced and the rest of the avengers that were in the room cheered, some booed. "Where's Pete and Steve?" He asked, excited to see his husband and son, unknowing of the events that just occurred.