"I'd follow you anywhere."

The dream was to get out of Riverdale—that was all Betty Cooper ever wanted to do. For so many years, she had her life planned out for her. After years of pining after Archie Andrews, she would make sure they end up together, first in a shared apartment near New York University and eventually, in a perfect suburban home far away from Riverdale where they will spend the rest of their pefect lives together.

She even figured out which author she'd nail an internship with just so she can stay away from Riverdale longer.

That was the dream, and it still is now—just with some minor (honestly, they're major) modifications.

She still wanted to get out of Riverdale, just not with Archie, but with Jughead Jones.

When she started dating him, all her best laid plans were flushed down the drain. With Archie, all she had was a fantasy. Something unattainable, if she would be honest. But with Jughead, everything is real. Together, they can turn her dream into a reality, though it might not be the perfect one she's always dreamed of having.

This one, the dream she now has to leave Riverdale with Jughead, is not an easy path. She is fully aware of that. Finances will be a problem for a while for them, if not a long time, and their would have to be a lot of sacrifices. But it's what she wants.

They were sitting in a booth—their booth—at Pop's when Betty tells him about her dream. Junior year has already ended for them and they were currently on their summer vacation. Initially, their plan was to lounge around town and maybe spend a lot of private time down at the bunker. However, as Betty spoke of her dream, an idea popped into his head.

"What if we go now?"He asked, turning his head to look at her. "We keep telling ourselves just to hop on my motorcycle and leave Riverdale, we know it's what we both want. Why don't we just do it?"

"Leave Riverdale now?"She asked. "What about senior year?"

"We can come back before senior year starts."He said. "Imagine that, Betty. Just us, riding around, seeing a lot of beautiful places."He said, holding her hand. "We can explore the world together, babe."

They did just that. They (metaphorically) hopped onto the back of his motorcycle—reality is that they used FP's truck—and left Riverdale, driving out of town. Jughead likes to call it 'practice' for when they really leave Riverdale after senior year. They only packed a few bags and they rode out of Riverdale.

The plan was simple—explore the world by day, stop and sleep in some cheap motel by night.

"Where are we gonna go first?"Betty asked, turning her head to look at who she is sure is the love of her life (Forsythe Pendleton Jones III).

He looked at her, his hand reaching out to hold hers. He stared at her lovingly, because how else could she show her how much he loves her, that he would do anything for her?

(Well, he could gaze at her with heart eyes anytime. That and make her dreams come true.)

"Anywhere you want, Betts."He smiled at her. "I'd follow you anywhere."

❄️❄️❄️

Did you seriously think I was gone?

Well, I was...for a while...but I'm back now. I promise.