"It's not that bad after all."

|| B. COOPER ||

"We're so glad you were able to come on such short notice. We hate to be an inconvenience to you, but it's an urgent matter that needs to be discussed now."I sat beside Jughead, smiling sweetly at the principal. "It's not a problem."I replied, shaking my head slightly. Jughead's head was hung low, his gaze directed down to his lap. He fiddled with his fingers, so I placed my hand on his thigh.

"My name's Dexter Truman, principal of Southside High. I'm assuming you're a friend of Jughead, please correct me if I am wrong."He spoke, resting his hands on his desk. "Oh, I'm his girlfriend—Betty Cooper."I replied, shifting slightly on my seat, glancing at Jughead. "Ah, Cooper. I have heard of you...you were the one who delivered the 'Riverdale is at a crossroad' speech at the Jubilee, right?"Mr. Truman said, and I nodded my head in reply.

"Anyways, enough of that."The principal said, the small smile on his face replaced by a thin line that radiated seriousness and authority. "Jughead was given the liberty to call anyone to represent his parents in this...conference, but I must say that I am surprised that he called you."He said. "Has Jughead gotten into trouble?"I quickly asked, leaning forward, eyes shining with concern. "In a way."

When Jughead called, he didnt make it seem like he was in trouble. All he said was that I should come over to Southside High as fast as I could, and I never really expected this. 

I knew that moving to the Southside isn't what's best for Jughead. He should be in the Northside, where he belongs...with me. It's his home, and it's not right to drag him away from it.

"We may be Southside High, but let me tell you—education matters to us just as much as it does to you in Riverdale High, if not more."He spoke. I turned my head to look at Jughead, who gulped softly, refusing to face me. "He excels in English, but in any other subject...he's barely scraping by. The faculty and I are worried that this kind of performance might continue and affect his future."He said, grabbing a small booklet from a corner of his desk, handing it to me. "That's his report card. Jughead is very determined, but it's not translating in his grades. We have tutoring sessions here in Southside High if you're interested in finding him a t—"

"I'll tutor him myself."I cut him off, smiling at him before handing him the report card. "It won't be hard. Jughead will do better in the next exams, I promise."I added, looking at Jughead. "Right, Juggie?"I asked him, finally making him look up at me, his eyes meeting mine. 

"It's settled then."Mr. Truman said, grabbing his mug of coffee. "I expect to see an improvement in Jughead's grades next semester. You may now go."I stood up from the seat, holding Jughead's hand in mine. "Thank you, Mr. Truman. I appreciate your concern for Jughead."I spoke before walking out of the office with Jughead walking right beside me. We walked to my car, not knowing what to say to each other. I climbed onto the driver's seat while Jughead took the passenger seat, staring out the window as I drove.

The silence was killing me.

"Why didn't you tell me about your grades?"I asked, glancing at him for a brief moment before turning my gaze back to the road. "I was ashamed."He simply replied, his voice soft. "I didn't want to depend on you for everything, so I took it upon myself to deal with school. I thought I was doing a good job, until I saw my grades."He explained. "It was a real downer, I just wanted to crawl under a rock and cry for the rest of my life. I've worked really hard since I got here, and after all these weeks I find out that all of my efforts have gone down the drain."

"Juggie, you can talk to me. You know that you can ask for my help whenever you need it or want it. I'm always here, okay?"I told him, looking at him for a few seconds, noticing that he had his eyes on me. I smiled at him, and soon enough a smiled graced his face as well.

God, I love it when he smiles

"Okay."

  ❄️❄️❄️  

"So all I have to do is divide all of this after everything else?"Jughead asked, staring down at his Algebra textbook, a pen in hand. We were seated by my desk, having one of our many tutoring sessions. "Yes! Then that's it."I said, smiling at him, looking down at his work. "See, you got it!"I cheered, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Huh,"Jughead scoffed in amusement, staring down at his equations, probably doubting that it was him who solved that. "It's not that bad after all."He chuckled softly, turning to face me. He placed a soft kiss on my lips, smiling widely at me. "You know, you've got mad skills, Cooper."He said. I raised my eyebrow at him teasingly, smiling at him. "How so, Jones?"I asked.

"You actually made Mathematics a little bit bearable."He replied, and I laughed out loud along with him. "That I do."I nodded in agreement, turning my attention back to his textbook. "So you finished number one."I said before glancing at the time on my phone. It was nearly dinner time. "Wow, I guess time really does go by quickly when you're having fun."I giggled.

"I'm not so sure about that, Betts."He frowned.

"Shut up, you're definitely having fun."I said, rolling my eyes at him teasingly, flipping the page of his textbook. "Why don't you just do number two now? I mean, you did number one and said it wasn't that bad. This must be a piece of cake for you already."I spoke before looking up to meet his gaze. "You're kidding me right?"He asked with a dry chuckle. I looked at him in all seriousness, a slight frown on my face. "You wish, Beanie Boy."

"Seriously, that's the best you've got?"

"Just do what you're supposed to do, Juggie!"I giggled, softly hitting his arm. "Come on, let's be honest here. You and I both know I'm supposed to do you."He winked seductively, and I gasped at him, my jaw dropping before I hit his chest playfully. "Jughead!"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry."He said, raising his arms up in surrender before turning his head to the textbook. He started to write down the solution on the space under the question, keeping himself focused on his work, keeping quiet. I watched eagerly as he wrote, smiling to myself proudly, seeing that he was doing it correctly on his own. 

"So is that a yes?"He randomly bloated out, and to reply, all I did was giggle softly.

"Maybe, if you finish all your homework tonight."

  ❄️❄️❄️  

Believe me guys, I am so disappointed in myself for not being able to update in two weeks or so.

I have been super busy with school that I start to lose ideas not only for this book but also for my other ongoing books. However, I am not giving up because I am determined. I promise you will get more updates once I get over my writer's block.

There was no song for this chapter because I had no song in mind that fit this oneshot, so I hope you'll understand.