"Her ways going to get her killed." Damon argued, going to stand up but I pushed him back into the chair as I now stood in front of him.

"If I need to intervene, I will. But until then, I would appreciate it if you just calmed down and trusted her to handle this." I stated quietly, looking down at him. "Trust me, Damon." I added, watching his face soften a bit before he got up and clenched his jaw.

"Fine." He replied emotionlessly and I slowly nodded at him in thanks. My phone buzzed in my pocket before I grabbed it and answered.

"Hello?" I asked, turning away from Damon and walking over to the table of bourbon.

"Mariana, it's Jenna. Where are you? Where's Elena and Jeremy—Neither of them are answering their phones." Jenna stated worriedly. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to Stefan who slowly got up from the couch across from Damon.

"Uh, Neither of them are with me at the moment. Is everything okay? You sound stressed." I stated, shaking my head and heard Jenna sigh.

"Elena left me all these weird messages, telling me to stay away from Ric. After the entire Isobel being alive thing, I'm already having a hard time trusting him. What's going on?" Jenna asked and I clenched my jaw in annoyance. Shit. I forgot about Jenna.

"It's really hard to explain over the phone but you should just stay on campus for a little longer, okay? Elena and I have everything under control." I stated reassuringly while looking between the boys as they listened in.

"Well, that's kind of hard to do from the kitchen." Jenna answered sarcastically and I felt pin needles go down my back.

"Wait, you're home?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in concern while Jenna sighed again.

"Mariana, what's going on? Where are you? I'm supposed to meet Ric at the Grill to talk." Jenna stated and I quickly shook my head and looked at Stefan who gave me a reassuring nod.

"Jenna, don't meet Alaric at the Grill, okay? Stefan is going to come over and explain everything—Just hear him out." I stated quickly before I hung up and looked worriedly at Stefan.

"It's going to be fine." Stefan stated reassuringly and I slowly nodded in agreement before he quickly grabbed his coat and walked out of the house.

"Then there were two." Damon stated in amusement but I scoffed back at him. "Let's go." He added, gesturing his head towards the door and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"And where are we going?" I asked, shaking my head in annoyance but he shrugged, walking over me.

"Splitting from the team. Going rogue." He answered with a smirk and I rose an eyebrow, clearly thinking it over in my head as a small smile found it's way on my lips. "Come on." He added teasingly and I nodded in agreement, following him out of the house.
~~~

"I don't think that this is a good idea." Andie stated as the three of us walked up the stairs to Alaric's apartment.

"Really? That's the exact thing that I said when Damon told me you were coming with us." I pointed out sarcastically, watching her roll her eyes.

"You're an investigating journalist. We're investigating." Damon stated with a sigh, ignoring what I said and I folded my arms over my chest. We walked up to apartment 9 and I rose an eyebrow as loud music was playing from inside, nearly vibrating the door as Andie knocked on it.

"Alaric, you home? It's Andie Star—Jenna's friend." Andie said loudly but no response came so she looked at Damon and shrugged. He looked around us to see if there were any lingering eyes before he broke the doorknob and I smirked a bit. I pushed the door open and loud pop rock music came into my ears before we saw Katherine standing inside of the apartment, looking back at the three of us.