(Sarah) Defending Jean

A tall muscular man has a girl by her hair shoving her to the ground. They are far behind the rest of the crowed but it still catches my attention making me growl.

He has a huge smirk on his face as if he is enjoying the sight in front of him. I hear him spit out quietly to her," Do you not know what to do infront of your betters?" Flash backs of Adam every time I was around other wolfs cross my mind.

Her face shows pain. More flashbacks and pain shoot through me. I know what this girl is thinking i know how this feeling.

Jamie said they were different. She said they don't do that here to their own pack. But I see it I see it with my own eyes. This girl reminds me of myself and others who I have had to watch being torchered Aswell.

My wolf is pissed, madder than I've ever felt her before. Before I know what I'm doing I'm letting out a loud growl as I push my way through the crowed leaving my mates side. Throwing the man to the ground making him lose his grip on the poor girl I snarl in his face pushing him away from her. I have to get him far from her. I'm on top of him as he sprawls out on the ground laying on his back. It takes him a moment to realize what is going on and anger flashes through his eyes but I let out another growl trying to warn him not to move. It doesn't stop him but his eyes leave mine and shoot behind me.

" Don't you touch her!!" A familure voice growls at him.

I feel my mate take a hold of my shoulders but I turn my head at her not growling but trying to show her the anger in my eyes.

She's back in her human form with a large robe on covering her whole body. Her eyes are full of worry as she looks into mine but she pulls her gaze away and shoots a hateful look at the man on the ground.

"Leave now!!" She demands and with that he scurrys away fast leaving us all. I turn and see the girl on the ground on her hands and knees looking at the floor. She's shaking in fear or hurt I'm not sure which.

I pull my body away from Jamies as I slowly walk up to the girl letting out a soft whimper trying to let her know I'm not threat to her. I put my nose under her chin lifting it up to look at me but she keeps it down as she shakes in fear.

" I know you can't hear me, but it's ok I'm not going to hurt you. I want to help you." I say in my head trying to send it to her.

As I say the words her head shoots up looking me in my eyes. She looks surprised.

" Luna I can hear you." She whispers

" Really?!?" I say sounding surprised as I wag my tail.

She just nods her head. I move closer and she gets a smile on her face. I look over her marks on her face and arms. This is really to troubling.

" What is your name? " I ask.

" J.j.Jean." She answers me out load her voice shaky and shuddering.

"Jean, can you do me a favor and get me something to put on so I can shift back please?" I ask her

" Yes, lu…" she starts to say but I cut her off.

" Sarah, please call me Sarah."

She nods her head. " Yes Sarah, I will get you something." And with that she stands up and and takes off down a hall.

I turn and look at Jamie, I'm still pissed off but I had to calm down some to talk to Jean, to make sure she wasn't scared. Jamie's face looks very confused and she makes her way to me again. She looks me in my eyes and I know mine soften a little as they stair in hers.

" Did you speak with her?" Is all she says.

"Yes I did." I say but I don't think she can hear me so I nod my head. She smiles and pulls me close to her. I can't help but purr a little into her touch.

Jean comes rushing back into the room. I look around and notice a lot of eyes on me.  Damn I was wanting to try to avoid attention but I can't let that slide. If I stay, if I mate with Jamie I won't let anyone in my pack hurt each other.

I pull away from Jamie, she doesn't want to let go but she does. I lick her face and she lets out a little laugh. I turn to Jean and she is smiling too as she holds up a cloke. I walk over to her.

" Thank you Jean, when I shift do you mind covering my body please?" I say and at my words she nods her head.

I quickly shift and she hurrys to cover my body with the cloke, but I guess she wasn't fast enough because I heard gasps all around me. I'm not sure exactly why everyone gasped, if it's my small body or all the scars I have but I quickly take a hold of the fabric around me making sure it's covering me completely. I stand up and I look around the room everyone looks at me with shock in their eyes, even Jean but she keeps her eyes to the floor.

I turn and try very hard to have confidence as I walk up to my mate. I can't help but take in the way she looks. She's always so beautiful, so strong and brave but the look she has when she looks at me is soft. I walk up to her as I take in our hight difference as human. I place my right hand on her cheek and she closes her eyes to my touch taking me in. It makes my heart flutter. Her hands come up to my waist holding me.

"Jamie, I'm going to take Jean and make sure her injuries are ok, be in your room in 30 minutes, we need to talk." I say trying not to let my voice waver any.

She opens her eyes and tries to speak but I cut her off with a look.

" I'm not asking babe, I need to cool down." I say and her eyes shine with understanding. I can tell she's mad too with the way her body is tense. She just nods her head. I pull her face to mine but she bends down meets me halfway for our lips to meet. It's just a simple soft kiss but every feeling rushes through me. I pull myself away from her and take Jean by her arm gently pulling her out of the room. I ask her to take us to Jamie's room so she directs us up the stairs leaving everyone behind.