International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia

OKAY SO THAT IS TODAY^^
I cba to write it out again lol

So today is #IDAHOBIT
Today is abt speaking up and fighting the actions and words ppl say/do towards lgbtq+ people.

I'm gonna aim this specifically at Transohobia, bc of the book and me personally but will probably mention homophobia too.

I, personally have not experienced Transohobia directly at me, yet. I'm closteted irl and have made myself a very safe space online so its not really been an issue? Im lucky to have the community of people i do here and the few friends irl who know, even if they're not always perfect with it.
I may have had the odd comment on a picture or in my dms, but its small enough for me to just ignore.
I know this isn't the case for everyone, and probably wont be the case for me when i come out irl.
If you're being bullied for being trans or queer at school or college or even uni, it can be hard to speak up bc you don't know who to trust ? From personal experience with bullying issues in general or lgbt issuesn just go to someone you trust. A tutor, or counsellor or anyone. I know if i was getting bullied at college my counsellor and tutor would have my back. So when i come out, hopefully for uni, i have a support system there from people i trust.
Dealing with any bullying is hard, i know that, And i fear for my own future as a trans woman, but i just want to remind everyone.

You are better than them. A bully is just someone looking for someone vulnerable to take their own insecurities or issues out on.
Transohobia can even come from your own family, and that really hurts. Its something i fear alot.
But if your family don't accept you? Hi im your mum now.
Its more than likely you'll have some supportive friend or someone you pass in the hall is trans too and more than happy to help you out.
Your family don't get to define who you are. You do. And if they don't like who u are, its their loss.

I just want everyone to know, there will be someone to support you through bullying or just hard times.

They may be irl or online. Heck they might be me! Im more than happy to talk to anyone!! But you are never alone. You can always talk to me or someone else you trust.

Life for us is scary, but we are brave and we have eachother's backs :)

I LOVE YOU ALL

YOU ARE STRONG

YOU ARE LOVED

YOU CAN DO THIS

I hear alot transphobic talk just from listening to conversation and i know that's scary to hear. So, just remember that you are better than them. They are hate filled people, and who would want to be that?
I know alot of ppl mutter homophobic stuff abt me bc i do wear rainbows on me. Im happily queer, just not out as trans. But at some point you'll learn to ignore it or not let it get to you. You are strong. They're just words and you are better than them.

People are horrible, the world is a scary place. But us queer ppl r damn strong! We fight every single day just to exist!

You are all warriors!

Idrk where this was going, but idc. Im glad i wrote this.

ILY ALL SM

STAY STRONG XX