Chapter 6: The Debt

Start from the beginning

"Alright, kid, we'll take Bumblebee to our outpost but we had no choice to take you with us. We are not so sure that we trust."

Nightblade is relieved to hear that with her faint smile, "Thank you. Thank you so much, Autobots. But if I go with you, my master will be aware that I'm missing in any time," she noted sadly.

"No, it won't take long. We just had our commlink active for our commanding officer listen to our conversation."

The young swordwielder has understood that with the nods of her helm, so the scouts will escort her to their outpost when the two Autobot scouts used their t-cog to form a Cybertronian vehicle. She hopes they won't take her to the cell for her being a Decepticon, but she did honest with them and she won't dare to cause any trouble. So Nightblade pulled the carriage and followed them.

At the Autobot Outpost, the few of the soldiers who brought the wounded over to the medical campus since the last fight. The two guards at the front line are keeping attention in the wall of the gate, the first guard saw in their scope as he spotted a ship in the sky. Soon their second in commander contact all Autobot soldiers to in the outpost to keep monitoring and cease their weapons when their incoming guest arrived. The soldiers are in confused while the transport ship landed into the platform. The field medic, Ratchet, comes to bring the patient to the medical campus. To field medic's surprise, Bumblebee has still active but his armored is heavily damaged, and then there's a femme with Decepticon brand on her shoulder. This may be why the second-in-command meant this one is a guest.

The team got the medical berth for Bumblebee while Nightblade followed them to the campus until she got stopped from going further. The young femme still worried about Bumblebee and she felt her instinct kicks when she turned around and finally... she meets one of Autobot's closest lieutenant. The tallest mech in blue colored and red-trimmed in each than her who is shorter.

"Are you designation 'Nightblade'?" He asked.

Nightblade nods her helm softly, "Yes, that is me," She responded.

"I am Ultra Magnus, second-in-command and squad leader of the wreckers. It is rare that you are... either defected or still loyal to Decepticon. Reports from Bumblebee said it's true... you were used to be soldier-in-training and now you are Megatron's close lieutenant," The Wrecker leader responded.

"I can understand that you don't take kindly toward Decepticon like myself, but I did what I can to repair your comrade's injuries. It too severely so I decided to return him to your outpost," she lowers her helm in guilt. "I am sorry... for what it came to this happen to Bumblebee," she apologized.

"... You are correct that I don't show kindness to Decepticon such as yourself... but, it would seem that you already defect Decepticon so I will make an exception. Our leader, Optimus Prime, would appreciate your help to return our soldier to our outpost. We will be own you the debt, Nightblade," he replied whilst Nightblade surprises to hear that.

Nightblade shake her both servos and helm, "Y-You don't have to. I just couldn't let Bumblebee be dead in the fields. Because... he's a reason why I became acquainted with him and... I even save him from trouble once."

"We certain, Nightblade, our leader has offered you to join our team and we can stop Megatron from ongoing battle."

"But... that's a thing," Nightblade looked down. "I don't know what the reason for this fight... I couldn't understand why and how did Megatron ever go on like this... when I witness the cruel things he did to Bumblebee. All my questions are unknown to me and... I don't know what to believe..." she explains.

The large mech hums with his two digits on his lower faceplate, seeing this femme is curious about the goal she needed to know from Megatron. She probably needs to see for herself...

"There is something we want to give you, Nightblade," The Wrecker leader took out from his holster attachment, then he hands over to her.

"What this for?" Nightblade asked as she got the device.

"One of our technicians has been doing research that can prevent Soundwave's spying on the commlink. Think of it... as you need the request when we can own you the debt," he said.

Nightblade nods her helm and she puts it away.

"We will transport you back where the scouts found you. We thank you for returning our friend," Ultra Magnus replied.

"... Before I go, can you tell Bumblebee that I'm sorry... whenever he's recovered?" Nightblade asked.

"It is not your fault for this happen, Nightblade. Megatron is the dangerous warlord who should be one to blame. I have seen you in the battle that you never intended to hurt my comrades."

As Nightblade saluted him respectfully when she put her servo on her chassis and then she headed to the transport ship. Ready to send her back to the last location they found her and Bumblebee.

It's been few megacycles, Nightblade is in alt mode vehicle to drive over to Decepticon Fortress at the miles ahead. She will be aware of her master would scold her in the discipline. Even he wouldn't like how she disobey and snuck out from any places and any unit. When the young swordwielder has returned and headed over to the top tower of his throne. Always prepared for another outburst from her master.

At the throne of the top tower, Nightblade just arrived and hear the familiar voice when she notices the purple mech. Shockwave, the mad scientist, she remembers him when she was youngling after brought to his lab for... secret project. Aside from the past, she listens to their conversation carefully and when she hears what Shockwave discover his research report about... her Energon?

"It has no effect on her Energon, logically, I believe it's..." Shockwave explains until he stopped and turned around to face at her.

"Nightblade, you have returned after you've snuck off again without my permission..." Megatron speaks.

Nightblade bow her helm respectively at her master, "I apologize, my lord. I was just... searching for any Autobot spies as I found nothing. It won't happen again." She begins to ask, "And forgive me for asking, what sort of report that Shockwave mentions about... my Energon?"

Megatron would widen his optics in surprise, but he kept it hidden as luckily his student hasn't noticed. "It has nothing to concern you, my student. But Shockwave has been curious about our last battle."

Shockwave comes over to her while staring at the young femme who is uncomfortable with him. "Do you know where you injured?" He questioned coldly.

Nightblade lifts the frame of her left arm where she shot, letting Shockwave examine her injury and sees her plating was healed.

"Does the medic repair your veins and plating?"

Nightblade begins to answers, "No, I thought that it was only the mesh wound since it felt much pain when I got shot."

Shockwave looked up at her optics as she's being truthful about her and seeing she still not aware of it. "It is logical." Suddenly, Nightblade felt her plating is pierced when she groaning hurtfully, seeing Shockwave has the syringe injection in his servo to take her Energon. "But I must have your Energon sample for research." He finished when Nightblade shove him off and backed away from the scientist.

Nightblade put her servo on her arm were the syringe, watching him leave.

"Shockwave is needed your Energon for the status of your progress in research, Nightblade. You are supposed to be strong, not whimpering like the youngling," Megatron said.

"... He could've just asked for it," Nightblade replied mellowly.

"You are free to return your post, Nightblade. We will discuss your excuse later."

Nightblade saluted him, "By your will, my lord." She begins to leave the throne and waited for the next order. Something is going on to this scientific research from the Shockwave's report, it was kept secret and what was Megatron been hiding from her and Decepticon. Unaware of her master, his expression is sadly mixed with angry about what Shockwave did to Nightblade after this discovery of his scientific report. Leaving the many questions in his processor about Nightblade... and another femme who perished. The femme he cares the most in his life.