04

you keep me in your orbit.
well i know i'm a hard one to please.
give it too much importance, my love
will have you fall to your knees.

chapter 4

(rose's pov)

(rose's pov)

i walk out of the loud house and onto the dark driveway full of cars and i assume that david's is the one parked closest to the garage. i walk up to the white tesla passenger side and it's unlocked so i slip inside and sit down.

a few minutes pass and i see the tall dark figure walk toward the car, and open the door. i keep my attention down on my hands until he sits down and starts the car. i sense a weird tension because neither of us are saying anything. the cute man with the most irresistible brown eyes looks over at me and i keep my eyes out of the window. i can feel his eyes looking in my direction and suddenly he taps my shoulder. i look over at him with wide eyes and he finally speaks up. "whatcha' want to do?" i give the man a confused look and raise my hand up to move a strand of my long brown hair behind my ear. "i thought we were going to chipotle?" i question. He shrugs his broad shoulders and places his hand on my knee absentmindedly, but the little action sends chills down my spine. i immediately flinch and dart my eyes down at my hands sitting in my lap, on top of my bare legs being revealed by my short hoodie being hitched up from the position i'm sitting in. "i'm not really hungry. i just wanted you to say yes." he responds. his hand is still on my knee and i can't get any words out. why am i feeling like this? he doesn't want me. i know that. who would? i'm miserable and broken.

i finally get words out and reply to the tempting brunette in front of me. "wherever you want to go." i force a smile on my face and pretend to be hard. pretend that his small actions like biting down on his lip and his uncontrollable locks falling perfectly over his sculpted face, aren't affecting me.

"alright." david replies. moving his hand off on my knee and onto the steering wheel, his other hand
moving to turn on the ac. the quite noise of the radio is the only sound to be heard in the silence between us. i don't know if he realizes what he's doing to me. i think i'm good at hiding it. hopefully.

a/n
short chap 🌒🌍✨💫🌙
i've been so busy with finals that i haven't been able to update any. sry sry but good news is tmrw is the last day of school so i'll update more !
ty for reading ily