01

usually, i would orbit
around you but gravity
seems to be the only thing that's pulling me

chapter 1

(rose's pov)
"ROSE I SWEAR TO GOD YOU HAVE TO COME I NEED YOU TO MEET MY FRIENDS." corinna said, practically screaming at me now. "i don't want to cor, you know i fucking hate parties in L.A." i said back to the tall blonde standing in my closet.

i haven't always been a "party pooper" as corinna would say. but the last party i went to, my boyfriend of 2 years cheated on me. ever since then i have absolutely dreaded having fun. the past 3 months haven't been easy, and corinna is constantly trying to get me out of this rut i'm in.

"listen to me rose. i know it's hard for you to go out again, you know PTSD and all...but you need to live again." corinna sat down next to me on my silk bed sheets. "not everyone is a piece of shit like jack babe." she said again. i sighed looking at the gorgeous girl sitting beside me.

"i'm not trying to sound like a lame bitch, but what is the fucking point?" i say as i tighten my ponytail and lay back against my headboard. corinna scoffed, "you need to live for yourself! it's time to stop moping around. i miss the rosie that was always laughing and wanting to have a blast." i looked back at the girl with obvious sympathy in my eyes. i know corinna doesn't always see it but i am extremely grateful for her.

"you don't have to automatically become happy again, but i think it will be fun. and my friends are actually really awesome and fun to be around."

"okay cor"

"really???!"

"yeah sure why not"

"YES BITCH!"

i get off the bed and set my feet on the white faux fur rug on my floor, and make my way to my walk-in closet. corinna now jumping up and down with excitement.

i pick out an oversized light blue sweater and some tan thigh high boots. as i walk out of my closet i grab some rose gold rings and slip them on my tan, sun-kissed fingers.

"corinna i swear if your friends are assholes, i will never go out with you again." i say with a serious expression as i loosely cross my arms over my stomach.

"no rose you don't understand. they are really great. i have known a few of them since i've been here. although my friend david might look like he's uninterested, he's just probably distracted by his vlog—" corinna pauses. stands up and puts her michael khors purse over her shoulder. she continues,
"—wait."
"have you never seen one of david's vlogs?"

i grab my phone off my night stand and check the time. "umm no? you know i hate watching youtube and youtubers..." corinna looks at me in shock.

"holy shit. this whole time i thought you knew who david was." corinna laughs as she stares at me with her eyes wide open.

"nah, no offense but i don't give a fuck" i say as i grab my keys. turning around and looking back at the girl.

"yeah i understand that. youtubers are assholes, but my friends are not like that i promise."

"okay cool we'll see" i scoff

"alright let's go" i say as i guide the tall blonde girl out of my bedroom.