8

A year goes by and Mya began to change,  she didn't care about anything anymore.   She drank to get drunk every weekend and sometimes throughout the week.   Her friends began to notice and her grades dropped drastically.   Mya could feel the change but still chose to carry her burden alone until the day she saw him again.   Soon after the incident Dre was kicked out for bad grades and Mya could breathe again.   But as she walked into the cafeteria,  there he was, sitting uncomfortably close to a young girl. Mya stopped in the middle of the line staring at them.   He saw her piercing gaze and tried to ignore it. "Mya! What the hell man,  I've been calling your name forever,  are you ok?" Mya's friend looked at her frantically.  Mya looked at her friend and said,  "I have to tell you something" Mya spilled her story as her friend's eyes began to well up with tears.   "Mya! You were raped,  we have to tell someone!" Mya had never given the incident a name,  rape.  The word echoed in her head and she knew what she had to do.  She jumped up from the table walking straight toward Dre and the girl.   "Excuse me, can I talk to you?" Looking directly at the girl Mya's eyes pleaded for her to get up. She did and Mya told her everything, how he pretended to be her friend only to steal her soul.   After the teary conversation the girl did not finish her dinner with Dre. Mya again found her voice and began to tell anyone who would listen.  Soon after, Dre decided to leave the school again,  this time for good.  Finally, Mya felt justice for crime committed against her. But still she didn't feel good inside,  she began to feel dark and empty and that feeling began bleeding into her actions.