The Singing Curse

Start from the beginning

"Merrily!" the woman shouts.

"You remember me?" Merrily looks surprised.

"What, do you think I forgot my favorite grandchild?" Merrilys grandma asks. "Is this your boyfriend?" She gestures to me.

Oh gods, I can feel myself blushing so hard right now, and I can tell Merrily is too and that Nico is furious. Mostly because my body temperature is so hot, Merrily is sweating just off of the waves. It's a miracle I havn't burst into flames yet. And Nico is agitated because, is that a skeletal hand I see?

"Oh, no, I would never date him!" Merrily says hastily. I nods reluctantly. Why would she want to? "I'm dating Nico, the one in the black shirt."

My grandmother frowns. "I don't like him. At any rate, come in." We all head in and she gives everyone a big hug (even though I really don't like being touched by people I don't know) and the rest of Merrily's family backs out of the way. The house is really nice and cozy. In the kitchen, there are tons of windows and light there are herbs hanging over the kitchen counter. And it smells so good.

"Why don't you all sit down, get off your feet," she smiles. "I assume you're all on a quest and you deserve some rest and tea." Merrily immediately plops down on the couch along with Abigail and Ryan. I awkwardly sit on the floor and Nico timidly sits next to Merrily. She snuggles into his neck which hurts a little. Just a little. I quash the thought from my mind. Wait a second.... How did Merrily's grandmother know we were on a quest? Bigger question.... How did she know what a quest was?

"Um... did your grandmother just assume that we're on a quest?" Chey asks, the only one of us not sitting down.

"She did," Abigail gasps.

"That's so weird," Ryan comments, bouncing Taylor.

"Well, of course I know you're all demigods!" Merrily's grandmother calls from the kitchen. "Now sit down young lady, I don't care how tough you want to appear." Chey looks between a mix of irritated and shocked and happy, but she sits down on the other side of Ryan. My grandmother comes back out with seven cups of lavender tea and a baby bottle full of milk. Merrily grabs hers and begins drinking immediately. Ryan begins to feed Taylor. Abigail takes a dainty sip of hers. Nico sniffs his and then looks confused. I just hold mine. I don't know why, but this is very uncomfortable. I exchange a glance with Nico and he shrugs at me. He and Chey both had that look on their faces that said "what is this, what is this feeling, why is this lady we just met giving us tea and allowing us to sit down what why???". I have to say, I fully got what they were feeling.

"So, what are you here for?" my grandmothers asks us.

"Um, we're on a quest because the gods lost some stuff," Merrily explains. "We already found Athena's spear, and wings, and a flame, and a cool helmet, and a goblet that makes you drunk, so we just need a lyre and a hairbrush."

"You mean that lyre over there?" my grandmother points over to a glass case. Sure enough, there was a golden lyre with a yellow glow around it.

"Great, so it's either you or Chey who gets to get that one," Abigail grins.

"Not it," Chey says immediately. Merrily sighs and go over to the case and opens it. Nothing seemed particularly odd about it so she picked it up. All of a sudden, Merrily froze a little and her hand gently touched her throat.

"Merrily are you okay?" Nico asks her worriedly.

"I think I'm okay, but what is this, I'm singing like a jay!" Merrily sang. The entire room went silent.

"You have got to be kidding me," Ryan deadpans.

----------------------

Is this what freedom feels like? Eating popcorn and making lasagna while scrolling through Pintrest and editing a chapter because you don't have any homework that needs to be done? Yes, yes it is. I am out of school, so here's an update. I hope everyone is okay, it's been awhile. Between finals and more finals, I haven't had a ton of time to update so I'm really sorry. But here I am! I'm not dead! Well, mentally the jury's still out on that one. But I'm writing. Anyway....

*breaks fourth wall*

Merrily: Why am I singing?

Me: I thought it'd be funny.

Merrily: I don't think it's funny.

Me: I'm the author.

Nico: She has a point.

David: HA! That's so funny! 

Merrily: Shut up, David.

David: Why you gotta be hating?

Me: This was a mistake, why do I keep doing this?

David: Because you need me to do the disclaimer.

Me: Then get on it!

David: What's the magic woooorrrd?

Me: *whispers into ear*

David: CheyPaigeFanfic does not own PJO or HoO.

David: That was mean.

Me: *winks at readers* shhh no spoilers!

Merrily: Please vote and comment!