"I am surprised, things are going even better than we hoped", the man chuckled and he had annoying nasal voice, leaning against a black cane that had golden handle. "How marvelous, you are just the people we were hoping we could see here and you both appear just right in front of me! I'm sure I will get some bonus after this", he giggled.

Roscoe and Bickslow looked at each other confused and then at the little man who caressed his moustache. Bicks opened his mouth but his older brother raised his hand, silencing him.

"I'll handle talking, you take notes", he said. "You're looking for us? Why?" he asked frowning to the strange man who rocked back and forth on his feet.

"Hmm... Well, since you two are extremely important so we can start our business", he answered.

"Business?"

"You will find out more about it later."

"Are you the one who controls those golems?"

"Yes. I use Moss Magic. I'm not very strong man myself as you can see, those golems are my bodyguards. My name is Ichabod Pinkerton, I am the third... I guess you could call me one kind of a general, but we are all primarily businessmen."

"General? So there are more of you guys?" Roscoe asked.

"There are three of us, but only two of us are here right now. The one causing those meteors is called Humphrey Mertell, he's still young and he has bad habits of chasing men but he's still smart and powerful. Though I can't believe he got higher rank than I did..." Ichabod sighed shaking his head.

"Aren't you talkative", Bickslow huffed.

"It's not like we are trying to be secretive or anything."

"So who sent you to find us?" Roscoe asked. "Are you sure you found the right persons?"

Ichabod chuckled clicking the street stones with his heels.

"I know", he assured. "There's no doubt of it. I have to say, you two really resemble your father almost exactly", he smirked and Roscoe's and Bickslow's eyes widened.

"You know our dad?" Bickslo asked quickly.

"I do, I do."

"Bickslow, calm down", Roscoe commanded before the seith mage would start asking more questions. They had to be really careful. "We don't know if we can trust anything he says after all."

"You don't have to if you don't want to", Ichabod assured twirling his moustache around his finger. "But since I found you, I'm supposed to somehow make you two come with us."

Four moss golems suddenly stopped their rampaging around the town and turned towards them. Bickslow gritted his teeth and they stepped closer to each other with Roscoe, keeping an eye on their foes.

"Can you still fight, what about your rib?" Bicks asked.

"Don't you worry about that, idiot", Roscoe grunted.

"Can't you use your magic at all? Could it be even a little bit useful for us right now?"

Bickslow, just like the others, had never seen Roscoe using his magic. Only thing they knew was that he could use magic but didn't like it. Roscoe sneered annoyed as the golems destroyed stuff in front of them while slowly coming closer.

"I don't think it will be that useful in this situation", he grumbled.

"I can't take them all down by myself so you have to come up with something, baby."

"I know!" Roscoe snarled irritated. "I just... That kind of magic is not something someone should use", he said.

"We don't have much of a choice here! We either use it or get squeezed between those monsters' toes!"

Five Little Sacrificesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें