Chapter 22

Alex's P. O. V.

Another victim has been taken by the dark. William Williams. There was a dagger on the floor. It was bloody. I picked it up.

It was an elvish dagger, dipped into poison, that makes the victim's body decay faster.

There's no way an orc could get in late at night. He could have been spotted and also, Hogwarts has high defense systems. An elf guard might have seen something! Or maybe a prefect could have seen something! I thought to myself.

My eyes scanned the dagger. I saw fingerprints, it was small not huge like an orc. So it's not an orc? Oh... it's not an orc. Wait... what? It's not an orc? IT'S NOT A BLOODY ORC?!

If it's not an orc, then it must be some body in this castle. Standing right where all of us are... I thought to myself.

"I-I saw dark. So much dark..." I snapped out of my thoughts. I looked at Katie who ran out of Alaya's grip last night. She then started to scream. Some elves were pinning her down.

'No one escapes Alaya, when she gets hold of that person! No. One!' The voice inside of my head said.

'Yes, voice. No one.' I said mentally.

'Look! Her fingers...'

I squinted my eyes. There was a slight hint of blood on her nail. She had no injuries even her hair looked fine. No one has ever gotten out of Alaya's grip without tasting the fine blade of her sword piercing through their flesh, or their head rolling on the ground. She never lets any of her prisoners or enemies live.

She killed me because I'm her enemy. She killed Donna, my maid in Mirkwood, because she was her prisoner. And Katie is her prisoner. How the fuck does she live?! It's impossible. She'd at least have some cuts or a bird's nest like hair. But no... No cuts, no messy hair. Not a single trace of dirt!

As time ticks away, I'm more suspicious and curious about Katie. I know she's my friend but she has been acting so weirdly lately. Normally she uses the type of  perfume which rich people can afford, not some cheap arse perfume. Yes, this is a very weird example.

Anyway, Katie has not ditched class before, but she has not been showing up for classes lately. Katie always keeps her blonde hair neat, now it's like she never combed her hair at all!

I'm worried. Lily's worried. And her ferret is also worried! Yes, I've talked to Dittie, her ferret, before.

This is not like Katie at all! What's happened to her?

I've missed the old Katie, ever since she came back from her Christmas holidays.

"Alex!" I turned around.

"Yes, Legolas?"

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah..."

"Ok... So this boy. Do you know him?"

"Yeah. He's sweet, kind and hardworking. He's in some of my classes. His name is William Williams." I said.

"Oh..."

He was brave, and we're proud to call him the Son of Gryffindor. And also we have Abby Daila, she dies near by the fire place, we're proud to call her the Daughter of Gryffindor. 

"Aa' i'sul nora lanne'lle... Namaarie, Willy. (May the wind fill your sails... Farewell, Willy)" I whispered. I brought my hand to my heart. I felt being pulled away from the body. I looked up with teary eyes. Legolas wrapped his arms around me. I cried, dampening his tunic.