Chapter 5

Alex's P. O. V.

I woke up. My head was pounding to hell and back. My stomach hurt like shizz. I blinked a few times and saw myself in the hospital wing. "Ah, Miss Peterson, you're awake," I heard Madam Pomfrey say. 

"What happened?" I asked.

"You were shot with a poison arrow by an unknown creature," Madam Pomfrey explained.

"Oh..." that was all I managed to say.

"The elf prince saved your life, by the way you'll be able go get out of the hospital wing in a few hours," she said. I chocked on the water I was drinking. Did she say the elf prince saved me? Or is it me? Am I hearing things? No? Yes? I'll take 'yes' for granted.

"Alex!" I saw Lily and Katie in their pajamas running towards me. They hugged me. "Guys! Can't breathe..." I said.

"Sorry. I'm so glad you're okay," Lily said.

"Yeah... we thought we lost you," Katie said nearly crying.

"When will you be able to come out?" Lily asked

"In a few hours," I said.

"If you want to leave now, go ahead," Madam Pomfrey said. I got up, Lily and Katie supported me. 

* * * * * *

I walked to the Great Hall. The students cheered and clapped. Okay... Now I'm blank. Somebody tell me what the heck is going on! I received a lot of 'congratulations, glad you're okay, are you hurt?' and stuff like that. I sat down to eat breakfast. "Oi, Alex, did you know that the prince saved you?" Jacklina said.

"Okay?" I said. I'm not hearing things and that's official. 

* * * * * *

Katie, Lily and I walked to the Great Hall. It was time for the leader of each team to be revealed(or whatever it's called). The hairs that the teams collected were made into necklaces. Unicorn hair for the leader. Centaur and mermaid hair are for the rest of the team.

"Gather round! Gather round!" McGonagall called. The teams gathered in front of the Great Hall. Soon students piled up the seats in the hall, "Today,the teams will choose their leader. There will be pendants handing around their neck, unicorn hair will represent the leader," there were mumbles coming around, "Now, the Hogwarts' team will choose their leader," McGonagall said.

"I think Alex should be the leader," Kat said.

"What?!" I whispered-screamed,"Why?"

"Well we sorta observed you during the first task. You were brave and smart. You have good leadership dummy," Lily said.

"Nope. I say Lily should be captain," I said.

"It's either you or Katie," Lily put her hands up in surrender.

"Votes on Alex," Katie randomly said. My friends raised their hands. I sighed in defeat.

"Alex!" Lily said. There was a roar of applauds.

I was given the unicorn hair necklace. the unicorn hair was in a transparent crystal/pendant. My friends were then given the two other necklaces.

* * * * * *

McGonagall gave each team a golden egg. "This task was given to our previous champions before. You'll find this task hard. Now the three teams will have to find a way to open the egg. It's not as easy to open the egg."

I stared at her. What the Merlin? 

* * * * * *

I walked down the hall on my way to McGonagall's class. I came across the Elf Prince. He smiled and walked pass me. I turned back, "Wait!" I said he stopped and turned to look at me, "I wanted to thank you for saving me, Prince Legolas."

"It's my pleasure, miss," he smiled, "I'll see you later?"

"Okay."

I walked away, I ran to McGonagall's class, boys were sitting in two long rows and so were the girls, I plopped down on a sit next to Cecelia Grun. McGonagall was going on and on about the Yule Ball, that was going to be held in the Great Hall, on the 25th of December (which was in 3 weeks). Time flies like a hungry wolf on a chicken hunt.

We practice ballroom dancing with the boys, sadly I was partnered up with Gryffindor's jerk, Eli Pattinkoms. The bell rang, lunch! Yay! I mean come on it's food. Don't judge me! Every kid loves food so yeah... 17 year old with a literally 5 year old brain. Cool right! No? No.

Whilst walking down the school halls to the Great Hall, I've seen many boys and elves asking the girls out got the Yule Ball. And.... I've seen many girls trailing Legolas like a puppy. They were squealing and jumping. I got up to leave for my next class.

"Hey! Alex," I looked up to see Legolas running over to me. I waved.

"Hi," I greeted.

"Um... I was wondering if you'd like to go to the Yule Ball with me," he said. I opened my mouth to say something.

"I'd love to," I said smiling. He grinned like a little kid.

………

A/N:

Damn!!! I haven't updated in a long time and I'm like, 'what's going on?!'. I had to re-read the whole thing again and picture the story in my mind all over again. I also had major major major major major writers block :(. Sorry...

BTW I edited this cuz a reader informed me that there was a mistake...

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to updating the book more often. :)

Btw, I really need a proper and beautiful(doesn't have to be perfect, as long as it looks cool) cover, I wondered if anybody is willing to do it... It would make me very happy, tho. :D

DON'T FORGET TO:

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

-alex_is_writing