Someone Else [20]

Start from the beginning

            “Well it wasn’t the perfect meet the mother I had expected but it’ll do. She didn’t even know you had a boyfriend. Am I your dirty little secret or something?” He joked.

            “I’ve told her like 20 times I’ve got a boyfriend but of course, she doesn’t listen to me.”

            “She wasn’t as bad as I expected,” Jason said and I laughed.

            “My Mum is… I don’t even know how to explain her. She’s one of a kind, that’s for sure. You can come and have dinner with her sometime soon and you better pray she likes you or she’ll probably make your life a living hell.” Jason gulped. “I’m joking!”

            “She looks like she could make my life a living hell.”

            “Aw,” I pinched his cheek. “Is Jason scared of my Mummy?”

            “Damn right I am.”

***

“He sounds so amazing!” Hope squealed. “I really want a boyfriend but ugh, everyone hates me.”

            I scoffed. “You’re gorgeous, you could get any guy you wanted.” I was so happy I had met Hope. She was one of the most amazing people. Internet friends were the best. You could talk to them about anything and they wouldn’t judge you. I preferred telling Hope everything and going to her for advice over anyone else.

            I had woken up with a good morning text from Jason so I was in a good mood. It was already Friday. I spoke to Hope until I had to go to school. Everything was going good with Jason, I hadn’t been able to see him since Monday but we spoke every night.

            “Are you coming tonight?” Olivia asked as we walked out of school.

            I groaned. “My head is killing so I don’t know. Don’t worry about taking me, if I come I’ll just get my Mum to take me.”

            “Jason’s going, right?”

            “Yeah.” Tonight, some kid from Jason’s school was throwing a party and Olivia was really good friends with him. I vaguely could remember him from a gathering at Olivia’s house.

            I walked home and when I got home, decided that I would go to the party. Mostly because I wanted to spend time with Jason and I knew he would come and stay with me if I stayed home. Hopefully my headache would go away. I decided to rest for five minutes and ended up falling asleep for five hours.

            I woke up, realising it was 8 o’clock. I still had a small headache but I was feeling a lot better now. I had a lot of texts from Jason asking me where I was and if I would be coming soon. I quickly texted him backs and told him that I’d be there soon. I got ready pretty quickly, putting a pair of jeans on and a random top that I’m pretty sure was Olivia’s. I put a little make-up and just put my hair in a messy bun.