35|Bliss

"No one ever really ever feels happy with what they have. It's always getting something you have wanted forever, enjoying it for a day, and then moving on to the next thing. We are so wrapped up in what we don't have that we really never enjoy everything we do have. If you had asked me last year if I wanted to live or die I would have quickly told you "I want to die," and it would have required absolutely no thought. However if you asked me a month ago, a week ago, a day ago, or today how I felt about that same question I would tell you "I am living," not that I want to live but that I am living. I have pushed away so many people in my life because I thought I was not worthy, that by talking about my feeling I would be pulling someone into something that they didn't want to be part of. Now I have found that your thoughts aren't a burden to the right people and I think that's important for you to know. It's like they say "There's always a calm after the storm," and while it may not feel like that storm inside of you is ever going to go away anytime soon I can promise you that it will subside, because my storm was a tornado that I had no shelter from and I survived.

Ever since I have found my happiness I have stopped focusing on materialistic wants and just have started to enjoy life because no one is going to remember you by the bag you carried or the phone you had, but by the mark you made and the things you did. High school is a time of change and self-discovery and over these last four years that exactly what I have been doing. I have been through so much that it's hard to think about everything that's made me happy or sad before this last year up to now. I have had my boyfriend cheat on me with my best friend, my parents abandon me, and I have attempted suicide, but I have also found my family, the love of my life, and had two amazing babies. None of it has been easy not even the happy parts but one thing I can say is that all of this has shaped me into who I am today and I wouldn't want to be anyone else. So if the graduating class of 2019 would join me as I move my tassel to the other side of my cap- because we are graduated!" I finish my speech and people cheer as I shake hands with principle Peters. After I have shaken hands with everyone on stage I walk back down into the crowd of now graduated students and I look around for my family.

I feel some grab my hips and I almost shrek until they place a kiss on my neck and I instantly know who it his. I grab Ares's head and take in the feeling for a second before pulling myself reluctantly away and turn to face him. "You did good baby," he whispers and I kiss him quickly before Charlie runs over to me "best-speech-ever," she yells before she throws her arms around my shoulders and pulls me into a hug. After pulling out of our hug I look around at the people who surround me and I can't help but smile.

"I love y'all so much!" I say and I can tell they want to respond but I cut them off "I'm not done, you are my family, my forever and no matter where we end up I know I can count on you. It's not guaranteed that we will always be together, no matter where we are, no matter how far apart we are my love for you will never change," I laugh through my happy tears and we all join in a group hug.

"Y'all know we are going to the same college, right?" Noah asks lightning the mood and we all laugh "I don't think Fiona was talking about in the near future," Luke pats Noah's shoulder which makes him roll his eyes "I love you guys," Mer says and we all smile. This is my family! 

****
Oh my gosh! It's finally out, I am so sorry it took this long!
Things to think about:
*Italy?
*What gonna happen next with the gang?
*college! What's gonna happen with that?
*Does forever really mean forever?
Comment of the day:
>who is your favorite character?
I love you all so so so much and really appreciate your patience! I would love it if you would enter smile into the teen fiction awards under best new author! The link is posted  message before this chapters announcement! If you enjoyed this chapter please vote and comment!
-Paige