The Twenty-Seventh Chapter

Start from the beginning

Zippy reflections manage to keep you sane and fervid; rapid blinding shocks of sunshine reflected in a mirror, the light bouncing across the ceiling before they disappear. Poking your head around Banana Split's fuzzy bark and the ensuing grin that electrifies Harry's beautiful face when his gaze lands on you, a stolen wink across the practice room that's meant to be shared by the two of you only, Harry protectively brushing clingy sand from your bottom after your lunch break, the way he deflects the attention of the press's microphones from himself post-performance by simply pointing a finger towards you, his fingertips ghosting over your panties when he sighs a plea against your mouth, a tumble in bed coming to a pause when you land in a straddle across his hips, his jaw popping as he scarfs a peanut butter sandwich over your kitchen sink at dawn, the sappy, non-sequitur questions he asks right before he falls asleep, the way he twirls the chunky, possessive ring around your finger when he holds your hand.

Your fierce sexual escapade in the dressing room hasn't left yours or Harry's minds and it was silly of you to think that it would help quell Harry's inner beast for the time being, but the exact opposite has happened. He's been attempting to get into your pants non-stop, both physically and verbally, with almost continuous innuendos and brave dips past your waistband. He came close last night while you were making out and you thought that you were almost ready for further expedition, but you chickened out at the last minute and you're not exactly sure why. There's just something about the level of courage needed for another person to see you at your most vulnerable, to see you at your peak when you've truthfully never even seen it or felt it yourself. As Nettie said, you know that he would take proper care of you in regard to anything sexually-related. More than most men. But it doesn't make that susceptibility any easier.

His moans haunt you in waking life and in dreams. If someone as acquainted and comfortable with sex could crumble in your hands like that, you're terrified to see what will happen to you when you allow him to have his way.

Fuck, baby. It all aches. Touch me... touch me...

Zippy reflections manage to keep Harry sane and fervid; rapid blinding shocks of sunshine reflected in a mirror, the light bouncing across the ceiling before they disappear. The way you idly stand with your feet in a ballet fourth position as though the dedication and practice lived inside of your muscles, your fingertips unwrapping the wax paper from a shiny red lollipop, the curve of your ass when you lean over the vanity to apply your mascara in the mirror, your hips bumping together as you brush your teeth side-by-side before a performance, how your snorts always seem to come as a surprise to you no matter how frequently they occur, making him eggs and toast each morning before he goes surfing, the way you bashfully close your eyes and press your chin into your shoulder every time he surprises you from behind with an infatuated cuddle, how easily your skin bruises once he's sunken his teeth into it, the maudlin and crestfallen look on your face as you watch him pull his trousers on after he's climbed from your bed at five in the morning to go surfing.

Your moans haunt him in waking life and in dreams. If someone as wide-eyed and innocent about sex could get aroused from caresses and kissing alone, he's ecstatic to see what will happen to you when you allow him to have his way.

Harry... I want you to feel as amazing as you make me feel.

With your rising fame due to newspaper articles, radio commercials and local news programs as well as Harry's established and prominent, recognizably handsome features, you've discussed and agreed upon only openly dating in places that are outside Malibu's city limits. You've always been accustomed to Harry being stopped for autographs and photographs, but it's a new development to be asked for yours as well. It's unlikely that anyone on the outside of the circus would see you two together at an establishment and think of your vague personal relationship as unprofessional, but the chance of being spotted by one of Harry's friends or one of your coworkers within a couple mile radius of the theatre is much too high and a risk you're both wanting to completely avoid.