nightmares- spiderson

Peters mom is killed by masked men and he ends up on the doorstep of stark industries
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter

I could hear her screams from down the street, but I just kept running. I knew I couldn't stop. Not long after I could hear thundering footsteps behind me. I could hear the masked men coming closer until it was almost impossible to outrun them, my shorts legs couldn't carry me very fast. The tallest of the men reached out to grab me when I jumped out of the way into an ally, apparently I wasn't fast enough, as he had grabbed the end of my jacket. I quickly scrambled out and ran deeper into the darkness.

The men had finally given up on trying to find me and left me alone. It wasn't until then I realized how cold, hungry and tired I was. I walked around for a bit, trying to find a warm place to stay and ended up collapsing on some random persons door step.

~ the next morning ~

Tony

Today was one of the one days where I had nothing planned. No meetings, no fights, no press conferences, just relaxation. Well that was until I saw Pepper running towards me with a worried look in her eyes, and Steve was calling my name.

"Hey Pep, what's wrong," she started dragging me towards the front doors as she explained what was going on.

"There is this little kid, he can't be older than 7, he's sleeping on the doorstep, the poor thing is completely skin and bones, cuts and bruises all over and he's covered in mud, dirt, and someone's blood but it doesn't look like his own." I thought Pepper might have been exaggerating when she was talking about how the kid looked, but once I saw him she was clearly underestimating his condition.

"Hey Steve, I need you to find Bruce, this kid needs serious medical help and fast. Pepper can you help me carry this little guy inside, I don't want to hurt him even more." Steve rushed of to find the scientist and I helped carefully take the kid inside. Honestly it looked like a stiff breeze could break him in half. Not long after Steve came running back into the room with a tired looking Bruce right behind him.

"Room 177A is open, I'll see what I can do to help." Pepper had a meeting she couldn't miss so she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and a soft 'I love you' and left me to carry the kid by myself. Once the kid was safely put on the medical bed Bruce kicked me and Steve out because he didn't want 'distractions'.

~ a few hours later ~

Bruce said he was done with the kid and that he found some interesting information. Apparently the kid, who I now know is named peter, is 7 years old with no known living relatives. His dad died before he was born and his mom was murdered last night. Rough life. I looked through more of Peters DNA test when I heard movement behind me. Peter had started waking up and first squinted at the light, looked confused and lost for a bit, the started crying. I quickly rushed to his side and pulled him in a loose hug, as to not break him in half.

"Hey kid it's okay, no one is going to hurt you okay? You're safe now." I hadn't even gotten to know the kid at all, but had already grown a soft spot for him. He had quit crying and looked up at me in astonishment.

"You-you're iron-man."

"That's right kid, Tony Stark at your service. Do you remember anything that happened last night." I immediately regretted what I had said as Peters eyes lost their sparkle and tears started to form instead. "Oh kid, sorry, it's okay, you don't have to remember. How about we get you some food."

~ time skip ~

Peter

I had been living in Stark Industries for almost 3 years now. Tony had officially adopted me 2 years ago and was now my dad (making Pepper my mom). I had met all the avengers which was super cool, and Natasha said that when I was older she would teach me how to fight. I started going to public school and was having an amazing year. I had made a new friend named Ned who was super cool and funny and this one kid Flash. Flash would always tease me and push me around, but it was all a joke... right?

~ le time skip to present of days ~

Peter

It was movie night at the tower. All the Avengers (and a few non avengers) were here tonight so everyone was a bit squished, but no one really cared. I was curled up next to Tony and had my feet laying on Natasha's lap. Steve was laying on a separate couch, with Bucky laying on top of him like a blanket. It surely was a sight to see, Earth mightiest heroes cuddled up on a couch watching Up... again.

"Who all wants popcorn?" Almost everyone raised their hand or shouted a yes at Pepper who had stood up to go to the kitchen.

About halfway through the movie I fell asleep. It was a nice peaceful sleep at first but quickly turned into something else. It started with me on patrol. Swinging through the city on a peaceful crimeless night. All the sudden I could hear screams below me, I dropped down and I was back at my moms death scene. Three masked men towered over my small body with large knives in their hands. As one was about to hit me my mom jumped in front of me, resulting in her throat being sliced. Before she died she whispered for me to run. So I did. Over and over again. It was the same dream every night. I was always caught by the tallest man and I woke up screaming and sweating. Tonight wasn't any different. I jolted awake on the couch, alone. Everyone else had gone to their rooms accept me. It was so dark and every noise had an eerie feeling to it. My heart rate picked up, along with my breathing and I had started crying. Suddenly I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder and heard a voice calling for Bucky.

"Hey Steve, I'm over here. It's the kid." I was embarrassed to say the least. Captain America and The Winter Soldier just had to be there when I had a nightmare, now they probably saw how weak I really was.

"Peter are you okay?" Steve crouched down next to Bucky with his arm resting around his waist. I didn't trust myself to speak so I just nodded my head and tried to wipe away my tears. Bucky obviously didn't believe anything I said so he sat down on the couch next to me and I curled up into his side. Steve sat down next to Bucky and he leaned against Steve.

"What really happened peter, we can tell you're upset." Bucky tried to be comforting but all I could think about was how pathetic it seemed that I still hand nightmares even though I was almost 17.

"Come on Pete, please?"

"I- um I had a night- uh nightmare." Bucky held me tighter against him as more tear fell freely from my eyes.

"It's okay, everyone has nightmares. Even me and Steve still do."

"When I heard someone crying I had immediately thought it was Bucky because he has woken up scared out of his mind many times before."

"Having nightmares doesn't mean you're weak kid." We stayed on the couch like that until we all fell asleep together. When the rest of the avengers woke up they would all be greeted with Steve and Bucky cuddled up with a small child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1396

Sorry, i haven't written in over a year so this is probably really crappy. I have a few drafts that i will work on but i am fully open to requests. so yeah please comment if you have an idea