New Beginnings [1-3]

Start from the beginning

You resurfaced on the other side, confused. 

Y/N: "What the..." 

You looked around, seeing floating platforms.

Y/N: Where did I end up...?

The person turned around revealing it to be an inkling girl. You stood up and she seemed a little bit surprised you were here.

???: "You actually showed up! When I saw you wandering around the Square, I knew you were the one." You looked at her, confused as to why you were here.

???: "I'm Marie. I know you're a bit star struck right now, but I need you to get over it." 

Y/N: "...Uh..."

Marie: "Yeah, I'm THAT Marie. From the Squid Sisters."  She strikes a slight pose, and you still felt confused.

Y/N: "Uh... who?" Marie looked shocked.

Marie: You've never heard of me? For eel?" You shake your head. "..Well, you obviously aren't very cultured, but you'll have to do." 

Y/N: I'm right here...

Marie: "See, I've got a little... problem I need your help with." You cock your eyebrow. "I'm sure you've heard of the Great Zapfish going missing and all that, right?" You nod. "Well, it hasn't just gone missing, it's been squidnapped by Octarians!"

Y/N: "Uh..."

Marie: "I want you to be the newest member of the Squidbeak Splatoon." You just stared at her in silence. 

Y/N: "Wait, can I ju--"

Marie: "And as a sign on bonus, you get a free set of Hero Gear!" You looked down to see your clothes were different. You sighed. 

Y/N: "Alright, let's get this over wi--" You're interrupted again by someone walking out of the shack wearing nothing but an oversized shirt, and probably underwear.

Marie: "Agent 3, go back inside! Someone's here!" 

It suddenly turned quiet as everyone looked at Agent 3. She slowly seemed to realize that you were a guy before going red. 

Y/N: "...Uh, hi?" 

Agent 3: "GAH! IT'S A PERVERT!" 

Y/N: "You were the one wh--" She threw her ink roller at you, knocking you flat before quickly darting inside. 

Marie rubs the bridge of her nose while the two wait for Agent 3 to get dressed. 

[TimeskipTM brought to you by me, Dio. Just kidding. It's really brought to you by me, Dio.]

Agent 3 came back out wearing her gear and walked over to the two other inklings.

Agent 3: "Alright, what're we doing?

Marie: "Alright, the two of you are going to be working as a team. As such, we need to find a leader."

Agent 3: "I should be the leader. I've been around longer, and this guy is a pervert." She motioned towards you, and you rolled your eyes already somewhat annoyed.

Y/N: You were the one who came out half-naked. I never went seeking you out or anything...

Marie: "Alright, in that case, a one on one should decide who calls the shots when I'm not around." 

Agent 3: "Sounds easy enough." She sounds totally confident, but you just wanted to go home and sleep. But if you didn't do this, she might make you do more stuff you didn't wanna do, so...

Y/N: "Alright, I'm down." Marie smiles. 

Marie: "Alright, get to your positions." 

You and Agent 3 take out your weapons and move back, ready.