Chapter 58 - Pic of Ryan's Audi S3

Start from the beginning

            Nathan and Lucas were with us too, they are now 5 months old. Ryan's parents were looking after them during the service. Mark, Jenny and Erica were also here with all of us. After the wedding was over, we had a party like always. And we had a great time. A few days later I started training again. I missed streetdance, so I danced in the living room while the boys were sleeping, and James was at work.

            And then I decided I could also start my other training. Police one. The one James didn't approve. But just training won't hurt. I won't join the police. I promised him. I talked to James about it, and he said that I can continue training, but that's all he'll approve. We talked some more, and he agreed I could be an instructor in his station when the time comes. Better anything than nothing.

            About three months later, Zoya gave birth to a boy. They named him Adam. Jake was thrilled. He was always carrying Adam around, playing and cuddling with him. Zoya asked me to be Adam's godmother. I was so happy.

            The next day I got back to my training. When James was at home looking after the boys, I went on a police training for a couple of hours. When he was at work, I danced streetdance in the living room, looking after the boys. Sometimes James and I arranged with Ryan and Alex to watch them for a few hours while the two of us go to the shooting range together. They always accepted. Alex adored them and Ryan wanted babies too. I was still negotiating with James about another baby. But he didn't want to take the risk of losing me. He even asked Ryan if it would be dangerous and Ryan said he wouldn't recommend it for now.

3 months later...

James's POV

            I was at home with the boys, they are now 11 months old. Dina went on her training. Ryan and Alex called me and asked if they could visit me. They needed to talk to me about something. I told them I'll wait for them. They came about an hour later. I invited them in and they sat down.

            Ryan said: "James, we'd like to ask you something, but it's really not an easy request to make.". Alex squeezed his hand a little.

            "Sure, what's wrong? How can I help?", I asked worriedly.

            "Well... You know we'd like to have a baby. And we've been trying since we got married six months ago, but still nothing. We even went to make the tests. They are all ok. I don't understand why Alex can't get pregnant. So we wanted to ask you... If you could be a donor? Maybe the problem is in me, even tho' the tests said I'm ok too.", Ryan asked shyly.

            Alex looked at me hopefully. I was shocked. I really didn't expect this.

            "Oh, God. I'd really like to help you, but I have an appointment with the doctor today. I'm going to do a... Uhm... A vasectomy. Dina doesn't know. She'd kill me if she knew! Ryan, you know I've told you that she wants another baby. She just doesn't wants to give up from that idea. I don't know what else to do.", I said, explaining slowly. They both looked sadly at me. Alex started to cry.

            "It's just not fair. You have two, and we can't even have one.", she said through tears.

            Ryan hugged her, trying to comfort her. She hugged him back, placing her face into his neck.

            "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that.", she apologized.

            "It's ok, I understand. I'm really sorry. Maybe you could ask Daniel for help?", I suggested since Melanie is also her family.

            "We thought of you because you're the closest family. You're my sister's husband...", Alex said quietly.

            I swiped my hand across my face, trying to think of something. I really wanted to help them, but that would mean that Dina will still be at risk.

            "Don't mention this to anyone, please. Not even to Dina.", Ryan begged.

            "Sure, no problem. I just wish I could help you.", I replied sadly.

            "And please, keep my secret too.", I added begging.

            At that moment we heard the doors. Dina is back. Before she got in, Alex ran to the bathroom to wash her face so that Dina doesn't notice she was crying.

            "Hey, Ryan! I didn't know you'll come. Where's Alex?", she asked happily when she got in.

            "Hey. Yea, we decided to stop by for a while. She's in the bathroom.", Ryan answered, trying to smile.

            A minute later Alex came back, looking fresh. Her eyes were a bit red, but hopefully Dina won't notice. Yea, I don't think so. Nothing can pass by her. She noticed.

            "Alex, were you crying? What happened?", Dina asked her sister, looking over at Ryan and me.

            "What? Oh, no. Nothing happened. I just twisted my ankle. Clumsy me.", Alex replied quickly, feigning face palming herself.

            "Are you ok? Do you need ice? I have it in the freezer.", Dina said grabbing Alex's hand and turning towards the kitchen.

            "No, no. I'm fine. Thanks. I just need to sit.", Alex replied and sat next to Ryan again.

            She and Dina talked for a while. About half an hour later Ryan and Alex went away. I said to Dina that I'm going out too. I said I have to do something, without explaining what. Let's just say it this way, if I told her what I'm planning to do, I wouldn't need a doctor to do it.

            She kissed me, saying: "Ok. Love you.".

            I replied: "I love you too.", and I went out. I sat in my car and drove to the doctor's office.

Dina's POV

            When James went away, I decided to clean the place a little. Wash and iron the clothes, clean the bathroom. While I was picking the clothes and putting them in the washer, a paper fell from James's pants. I looked at it. It was a reminder to visit a doctor. With today's date. I frowned. Is he ill and didn't tell me about it?

            There was a telephone number, so I decided to call and check what's going on. The nurse answered and I asked if I can get an information.

            She agreed, so I asked: "Could you please tell me does James Miller has an appointment at the doctor's today? I'm his wife.".

            I knew she wouldn't give that information to anyone. She confirmed my question saying that he has an appointment. Then I asked what kind of an appointment that is. When she told me, I almost passed out. I'll kill him!! I was so furious, but I stayed calm and thanked the nurse for the information and hung up. Let's just say that I've changed some of the colors in the rainbow. Red for angry, green for sick, blue for sad. Exactly in that order. I wanted to scream, but I remembered that the boys are sleeping. And for the same reason, I can't go after him either.