Eden's Sin: Chapter 1- The Day Love Came pt.1

I can still remember the day I saw him. The sun was high in the sky. He sat on the edge of the pool smiling. One hand dipped into the crystal clear water, caressing it. The water rippled under his touch.

I stood there in awe, my mouth agape. Long gone were the worries that someone would think me a fool for standing there watching the masterpiece that was him.

My eyes took in his entire appearance. They could find no visible flaw. Everything about him was perfect. From his black hair to his muscled physique. I had to know his name.

A hand touched my lower back causing me jump. The laugh that followed belonged to my friend. I dared a quick glance back at her and scowled before turning to stare out the window again.

I was afraid the he would disappear into the oblivion if it took my eyes off him for longer than a few seconds. I released a sigh of relief when I saw him sitting in the same position. He hadn't moved.

My friend laughed even harder. She couldn't possibly understand what I was feeling at that very moment. I wasn't even certain about the emotions this boy caused to bubble up within me.

For too many years I've lived an empty life devoid of any emotions. Not even my closest friends knew this. Over the years, I learned to fake my way through.

If the people around looked like they were sad, I would  pretend to feel sad. If they were happy, I was happy. There have been a few times where I couldn't gauge the emotions of the crowd, but this method mainly worked.

Yet, as I stood there watching him, my heart began to race, my palms were sweaty as a strange warmth filled me. I couldn’t process what I was feeling. This was something new, something unexpected. This was love.

Somehow, I knew this despite never feeling it before. Love at first sight. That's what this was. I smiled to myself as I continued to stare.

His back was to me now. His body submerged within the blue water. I wanted to touch him. I wanted to be touched by him. Desire, another emotion that I had never felt before.

My friend continued to laugh at my distress. Her hand touched my back again.

"Stop staring and go out there." She pinched my arm. I tore my eyes from my dream guy to focus on my friend. She wore a smirk on her freckled face.

"Someone has a crush on the new guy," she taunted.

I blushed and turned my gaze to the floor. Embarrassed. One more emotion to add to growing list.

"I...I...I d...d...do not." I stuttered my way through a response. From her barely restrained giggle, I could tell that she knew I lying. Her smile grew the more my face reddened.

Gabrielle and I had been friends for several years now. She pulled her red hair up into a ponytail as she continued to watch me with skeptical eyes.

"It's okay to like someone," she stated as another laugh escaped her lips. "I'm just a little shocked. I never expected you of all people to lose their composure after seeing one guy."

I wanted to deny it, but she was right. I turned a deeper shade of red as my so-called friend continued to laugh. She reached around me and opened the door that separated me from the gorgeous boy in front of me.

Without warning, she pushed me out of the door. I wasn’t ready to face him. Now that the barrier was removed, the sounds of laughter and music invaded my ears.

Gabrielle ushered me away from my safety net and into dangerous waters. I took one last fleeting glance over my shoulder. It was too late for me to run.
Gabrielle's arm encircled mine. We walked over to the three boys laughing and joking in the pool. Their heads turned to watch our approach.