27

Paisley

                I found myself in front of my toy box. Around me laid several weapons. My hands brushed over each of them, bringing a smile to my face. It has been so long since I’ve set in front of here and planned things out. I laugh as I think of all the fun I’ll have tonight. Something bloody or something quick, I think. Bloody, is so satisfying. Watching as it oozes from my victim leaves my body tingling with pleasure. The smile on my face widens. My body shakes with anticipation as my debate drags on. Something quick will not give me the thrill I want but it will give me less of a chance of being caught.

                “What to do,” I sing, tapping a finger to my chin. I stretch my legs, my feet bumps up against a hammer. The idea is forming as I reach down for the hammer. Something quick doesn’t mean it can’t be bloody. A well place hit can give me all that I desire. Happy with my decision, I place the discarded weapons back into their resting place.

                I stand with the hammer nestled tightly in my hand. I walk to my bedroom door to make sure it’s lock. I smile knowing that tonight could be the answer to alleviating the building stress within me. With both detectives gone my honey may get a small reprieve from what’s happening to him. Though this kill tonight, at least for me, would be personal. Detective Kain had called me out and I was going to answer.

I frown at the memory from this morning. I entered my kitchen to find the unwanted man sitting at the table, a cup of coffee in his hand. My mother and that man looked up at me when I entered. There was a small smile on his lips.

“Well hello there Paisley,” he said. “How are you this morning? Sleep well?” It was such a simple question but I could hear the double meaning. I would not let his presence here rattle me. I walked around the table, ignoring him. I sat down beside my mother and turned to her.

“Why is he here,” I asked, pointing a finger at the detective. My mother’s disappointed gaze turned to me.

“Have I really raised you to be so disrespectful,” she asked. “Apologize, Paisley.” I looked to the detective to see him smirking. He actually thought that I would let my mother words intimidate me. How wrong was he? They watched me waiting for me to say something. I exhaled and turned to the detective.

“I’m sorry,” I told him. Things would be easier this way. The torture would end quickly. The detective placed his cup on the table before he looked at me.

“I want to talk to you about something.”

“Is it about Zeke? If it is, I don’t want to talk,” I told him. Out of the corner of my eye, I see my mother’s fingers as they tapped along the edge of the kitchen table. She was irritated. I wondered where Peyton was. If anyone would break this little meeting up it would be him. With my mother here things won’t go the way I want.