Two

Chapter Two

    The next morning, I woke up with a sharp pain in my sternum. I moved the hair out of my face and realized that the buckle from my tube top was digging into my skin. I uncurled myself from the ball I was in and laid flat on my back. I began to go back to sleep before questioning why I would still be in my clothes from the night before.

    I sat up from the couch and came to the realization that I was still in Colby's room. We must have fallen asleep last night while we were getting to know each other. It's weird, because I don't remember ever falling asleep, yet I also don't remember a time where we both stopped talking. I grabbed my phone that was squished in between the cushions and checked the time. It was nine in the morning. After texting back a few people, including Angie who asked if I was okay in which I told her I was fine, I put my head back on the pillow. I don't remember ever having a pillow last night either. My mind is a bit hazy and I didn't even drink last night.

    The next time I woke up, it was to a banging noise from across the room. I fluttered my eyes open and looked to see Colby standing on one foot, holding the other in his hands.

    "Ah shit," he muttered, bouncing around on one leg.

    "You good there, bro?" I asked, and he immediately stomped his foot back to the ground.

    "Yeah, I'm fine," he stated, "I didn't know you were up."

    "I wasn't until I heard the loud bang," I laughed, sitting back up on the couch. I checked the time to see that it was one o'clock. Dang, I didn't think I slept in that long. I had a couple of texts on my phone, one from Angie asking where I was and if I got home okay. I don't know why she was concerned, she's the one that ditched me here in the first place.

    "Be home soon" was all I replied with. I'm still being a bit short with her after last night. I'd want to comfort my friend too after a breakup, so I don't blame her. It's more so the way she went about treating me when she found out another one of her friends was going through a hard time. She could have came back and took me home before going over there, or something like that. She didn't take me into consideration at all.

    "You alright?" Colby asked, a bunch of clothes in his arms. He threw them in his hamper before cleaning up more things from off the floor. This boy was really sitting here cleaning his room right now? Wow.

    "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I actually have to go to the bathroom. Where's your actual bathroom, since this apparently isn't it?" I chuckled, referencing the mixed up signs from last night. He smiled and laughed quietly before waving me over to him. I followed him out into the hallway and he pointed to the door right beside his. The middle door from last night.

    "Thank you," I replied, walking in and locking the doors. I went pee and flushed before looking at myself in the mirror. Dang would I have looked more of a mess if I was wearing makeup. My hair was a bit disheveled since it was in a beanie and now the beanie was gone, but that's about it. It was a good thing I picked the tube top with a buckle though. If not, I'm sure something that I didn't want to be showing this morning totally would have been. That would be very bad. I exited the bathroom and knocked on Colby's door. I didn't want to walk into him changing or anything.

    "One sec," he replied before opening the door a minute or so later. He had on a pair of black ripped skinnies. There was a giant hole on his left knee while the right leg had tiny little rips on the thigh. They weren't as distressed as mine, but still pretty ripped. He paired them with a white and black sweater that had white stars going up through the black. It was a cute outfit, but I sensed he didn't wear a lot of color other than to bed like I saw last night. He quickly let me in and closed the door behind me.