Chapter Four

Henry spent the next 15 minutes "guarding " the door to my room till we both heard the front door close. ' Maybe they realized I won't be leaving. Not both of us are too stubborn ' I thought before closing my eyes for the night.

As the sun rose I began to stir as I felt something wet hit my face. As I fluttered my eyes open slowly and wiped my face off and petted Henry before standing up.

"I get it boy what do you want today eggs, bacon, sausage," I asked as his tail wagged happily as I set a bowl of food down at his feet. I smiled as I grabbed some jam and bread before going over to the couch for the morning news.

I sighed nothing new just trash-talking the government, traffic is bad as always on the interstate systems, and anything else they can come up with.

I pulled out one of my old crossword puzzle books when my phone rang a d I sighed hoping to want my father or Tasha was the one calling.

"Hello. Who is this " I asked as I walked back over to the couch?

"Great you answered your father and Tasha called last night worried or upset or both. What happened last night Patterson " the familiar voice of Jane said over the phone as I sighed.

"Jane. It's not like that. They want me to go home but I love the station house it's a great family, I have a great start here and I don't want to lose this " I said to her as she sighed and said hello to Kurt as he walked in.

"Then make them understand and show them how much this team means to you as what we meant to each other. Show them this team and how they help the people as well " Jane said before hanging up I chuckled softly before sighing and looking up to the ceiling.

' Make them understand, how my father and Tasha are the two most stubborn people I know. How can they understand that I found a home.' My thoughts broke when I remember that I was to meet the team for lunch.c

"Ahh second one here," Buck said walking up to me with a big smile. I chuckled softly as I said "didn't think Evan Buckly was the type to be early " he laughed as Hen and Chimney walked in.

"Damn Buck here early, what a shock " Chimney said

''What Can I say Buck loves his food,'' Even chuckled as everyone rolled their eyes.

Everyone was making small talk til Athena and Bobby walked in.

"Morning Cap," I said as a server came over to the table for their dink order. And as no shock they all ordered water.

"A day off and we still find a way to spend it together," Hen laughed as Chimney agreed.

"Family's that eat together stay together," we all laughed as we gave the server our food order

The group continues to make small talk as another group entered the restaurant.