Chapter Three

My next shift started early the next morning and I was one of the first two people there. I quickly got ready and went upstairs and sat next to Hen and got a small cup of coffee.

" you like it here so far " she asked me as I nodded softly and said "its amazing some of the calls are hard to get past but the team is very kind and welcoming and I already feel at home " as sipped the coffee slightly.

"Damit I'm used to being second how did you get her so fast Winter" Chimney asked pulling up a chair as me and Hen laughed softly looking to the Male.

"I like like 15 minutes away and I like to be early so I'm here " I said as the others came in and Bobby started to make the teams breakfast as we all settled at the table.

It started off as a slow morning but after a long police case that ended in a crash the team kept getting calls after calls and that made the day go by rather quickly. 

I felt my phone vibrate a few times as we began to sit down for dinner , and hey maybe we could actually get through the whole meal today , I thought but i had a small doubt that we wouldn't.

We were all laughing as we all told stories from when we we little as Hen finished I finished taking a drink and cleared my throat. " ok so i was nine when my mom was trying to rebuild our house computer and I wanted to help but instead I moved one wire and all we knew the whole neighborhood had no power and it took the electricity company 4 hours to fix " I say as we all laugh. "I felt so back but looking back it's some of the better times i had from when i was little " i said as Bobby began to speak of a time he grabbed markers and "painted " his walls when I heard once again my dads voice and hers.

"Hello how can the 118 of the LAFD help you " Bobby said sliding down the pole and rushed over to my father and Tasha stood in the lobby and for once I was glad I had my back turned.

"You know them blondie " Buck said whispering as Hen and Chimney looked to me as i nodded and Bobby called for me.

"Dad. Tasha what the hell I'm at work you just can't show up here and more less I've started over so why is someone from the CIA here " I hissed softly as crossed my arms and glared to them.

"You left with no notice Patterson how did you think we'd feel when your dad came and said that you'd left to California. For what this a firefighter " Tasha said and sounding just as missed as me but she had a right to.

"Jane and Weller were leaving , you joined the CIA the team broke up I was just another body in their plan so if you could just leave " I said walking back up the stairs and Bobby patted my back and looked to me as I sighed deeply as we began to eat.

After my three day shift I went back to Henry as I placed my phone on the table and laid down on the couch and stared to the ceiling for 15 minutes till there was a loud knocking on my door.

"Its open " I called as Henry barked but stopped once I snapped at him. As the door opened I sat up and took in a deep breath , hopefully this goes better then two days ago back at the station house I prayed.

" I was going to come alone but Tasha begged to come along , she wanted answers for her , Reade , Kurt , and Jane " Bill said walking in and sitting down.

"No matter what I'm not going back this place feels like a home to me and Bobby is so welcoming. I'm just done with having a target on my back and I'm over with being lied to and anyone walks out that damn elevator is either a person coming to kill us or someone who betrayed one of us. I'm just done " I say standing and walking over to the kitchen area to get some water before walking to the back saying " you can leave now."