Chapter Five - Broken And Stolen. (Violet Choice) {Part 2}

Start from the beginning

"See?... I'll take this to Vi. There should be some extras lying around." She gave me a quick nod and walked out the door. I turned and began to look around the room. I looked at the bed then noticed something scratched above it. I turned and looked at it and my eyes widened. 'V plus M..?... Violet and Minerva...' There was also a heart carved around he two names. I frowned and I truly understood why Violet was so upset with Brody. I noticed an extra spear on top of the bed. I grabbed it and walked out of the shack, looking back into it once more before closing the doors behind me.

The sound of water splashing caught my attention. I turned and saw Violet at the edge of the stream looking at the water, she let out a small 'damnit' I chuckled a bit and made my way over to her. I stood a few steps behind her. I stayed silent for a bit then decided to talk.

"Hey... can I join you?" I asked, she turned to me slightly.

"Sure." She spoke. I smiled and walked up to her. I stood next to her on a rock by the river, being careful to not to slip as to not hurt my ankle again.

"Hey look at these guys over here." She called out to me, I turned to where she was pointing.

"Oh.. their swimming against the current.." I gripped my spear and raised it. Violet chuckled to herself.

"Guess they don't realize it makes them easier targets." She snickered, I smiled and turned back to the water and focused on it. I took a breath and focused on one. I stabbed down on it and caught it just before it swam away. I smiled and pulled up the spear, I pulled it off and placed it into the bucket next to us.

"Nice one." Violet smiled at me. I nodded and smiled back, I readied myself to get another one.

"Hey.. um. Sorry if I was weird last night.. about the whole room thing... seeing someone else in there.. it was uh.. harder than I expected... you think I would be less sentimental now.." Violet told me. I froze and lowered the spear, I turned to her a bit.

"Hey.. don't worry about it. It was a nice chat to, I was glad to get to know more about you." I smiled, she looked me a little shocked then smiled a bit.

"Uh.. yeah. I guess I am too.." She turned to me. We stared at each other for a bit then turned towards the water again. I raised my spear up and focused on another target. I took a deep breath then stabbed at it again, getting another one. I quickly pulled it up and placed it into the bucket.

"Head up guys! The hauls not looking so great!" Brody yelled at us. I frowned, and Violet rolled her eyes.

"Uh.. Yeah... Okay." Violet replied, she then groaned in frustration.

"God. Sometimes she just gets on my last nerve, you know?" She turned to me. I nodded awkwardly.

"I mean like, it's not that I like.. hate her... but.. I just..- 'I wish we could all go on a road trip together...!' God she's so!-" she sighed and cut herself off. I turned to her fully.

"Well.. she thinks you do. You act like you hate her.. and I think she gets that impression from you.." I told, Violet looked and me then angrily turned back towards the lake. She immediately went to stab a fish and I jumped a bit. I sighed and turned back to the lake to try again as well. I raised the spear up and immediately brought it down, I groaned when I pulled out the spear to find that it was empty. I raised the spear but frowned when no fish were coming up. Violet sighed and lowered her spear.

"Looks like they wisened up.. hopefully Brody has a better chance with the traps." She spoke, I nodded. I bent down and grabbed the bucket.

"I don't know what the problem is between us... with Brody.. I don't know why it's like this." She sighed, she crossed her arms. I looked at her.