9. Bonding Over Bunking

The next day I was feeling pretty traumatized.

No - we had no lab class. We had PE! And that too an aerobics session.

I was totally stressing out about the whole thing, when Reyansh came to up to me.

"Hey wanna bunk PE with me?" Reyansh asked.

"What?" I asked. Had he been reading my mind? Or was he sharing my thoughts?

"Yeah I personally don't feel like doing stretching and bending for an hour".

"Why don't you ask your girlfriend?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well Mishti said something about her weight management. She didn't want to skip PE", he said seriously. I looked at him for a second and burst out laughing.

"That is so Mishti!" I exclaimed "You know she actually maintains timings to go to the washroom, so that her bowels function properly. Hey just kidding", I added seeing the look on Reyansh's face. "I'll come with you. Come on. I'll take you to the library. I am a shelving assistant there."

We both doubled back from the queue going to the gym and went to the library.

The librarian, Ms Fanaa was sitting at her desk.

"Riya! I am so glad to see you! I hope you don't have class now?"

"No it's a free period" I lied.

"That's great. Can you and your friend please arrange these books for me while I go to the cafeteria to grab a coffee? I haven't had lunch".

"Done", I beamed as I watched her walk out. Knowing her, I know she wouldn't be back for another hour. If there was one thing that I and Ms Fanaa had in common it was love for bunking our work.

"Come and help me get the books to the shelves" I told Reyansh.

"So you're actually on good terms with one of the staff" he said

"I suppose so" I said as we walked to the shelf.

"What's Loukya got against you anyway?" he asked.

"Dude that's exactly what I have been trying to figure out since the start of third year! If you have any ideas, tell me".

"I can't think of anything!" Reyansh said seriously, "You are such a nice person".

"Don't make me laugh. People want to see a perfect princess. Like Mishti. Even you do. I am..um..too out-of-control."

The rest of the hour passed as we talked about all the student cliques and arranged the books.

"You really have to be careful about Aaliyah. She is a cobra in Burgundy lipstick." I told him seriously.

"Well yeah, but if lipstick was my criteria for seeing people I wouldn't have seen Mishti", he said dryly.

I looked at him startled.

"You think I don't know about her innocent little crush on me?" he laughed.

I sighed. "Reyansh, let me tell you, 'innocent' and 'Aaliayah' are two words that can't be used together. Ever".

But he just laughed it off.

We then came around to talking about Suhrit sir.

"He's the only other staff except Ms Fanaa, I have managed to not displease" I said.

"He looks like a bit of a duffer to me. Making you do all the donkey work for the cultural festival, when he's actually Head of the Cultural Club", Reyansh said apprehensively.

"It actually doesn't matter. I enjoy doing the work on my own." I said.

"You two. Still not done?" came Ms Fanaa's voice from behind all of a sudden.

She was not smiling. Maybe the coffee had been too bitter.

"Leave now. I'll see to it myself", she snapped in a tone that was most unlike hers.

"Maybe she heard you talking about Suhrit sir. I always thought she had a thing for him" I told Reyansh as we hurried out.

"What? No way!" he said.

We went all the way debating about whether there really was something between Ms Fanaa and Suhrit sir. We reached the empty classroom. Our class was not back yet.

"By the way, are you free on Sunday?" Reyansh asked.

"If I go out with you, Mishti will kill me" I said.

"It's not that" Reyansh laughed, "I am inviting some friends to the country club for a party. I'd love you to come."

"What party?"

"Actually it's my birthday"

"OMG! Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Well I am telling you now. So will you come?"

"I'll be there for sure."

"I can't believe you bunked PE and hung out with Reyansh at the library." Mishti snapped at me at lunch.

"Oooh! Look who's being possessive" exclaimed Zoya.

"Shut up Zoya!"

"So birthday party at the country club huh?! That guy is so damn rich! Mishti you've chanced upon a gold mine!" Zoya squealed.

We were in the cafeteria having our lunch. Zoya and of course Mishti had also been invited to Reyansh's party. In fact, Reyansh had asked Mishti to be his date at the party. I and Zoya thought it was a bit cheesy but that didn't prevent us from endlessly bantering about the party and we were not the only ones.

Almost the whole of our class had been invited and mostly everyone were in awe of the "country club party" tag.

Mishti looked at Zoya icily and said, "That was so bitchy. You think I'm dating him for money?"

"Of course, you are" said a nastily familiar voice from behind. I turned around to find Aaliyah staring down at us. "Why else did you choose him over Varun? Because all Varun has is a handsome face. But Reyansh has got a million bucks!"

"Get lost Aaliyah. Nobody called you here", I said angrily.

"Or maybe girlfriend is upset over losing Reyansh to Mishti?" Zoya sneered.

"I bet Reyansh didn't invite you" I said confidently, remembering my warning to him.

"Don't be upset babe. But he did", Aaliyah sneered.

What?! After everything I had told him? This was incredulous!

"And for your information people, I am going to be at the party with a much more cooler guy than that loser Reyansh", Aaliyah retorted "And anyway that guy is throwing this party just to raise his non existant social reputation!"

"Who are you going with?" I asked unable to contain myself.

"Yeah I am really going to tell you because it's your business, Riya." she snapped and strutted off to join her group.

I looked at my BFF'S, "Do you think what she said is true?"

"Which bit?", asked Zoya.

"The bit about Reyansh throwing the party to raise his social reputation."

Zoya looked thoughtful, "We don't know. He's only just started dating Mishti. Or maybe it's just that, he wants to socialise a bit. And a great party would be the best way. Especially when he can afford one", she added "I mean, my parents would definitely not allow me to throw a party at the country club."

A/N : Okay, so that was another bunking episode. I just hope you guys are enjoying this do far. If you are, please do leave your vote.

And do keep reading. Thank you so much!

Those Bonafide Teens जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें