7. The Dodgeball Disaster

The next day we had PE after about two weeks. Our PE coach had been held up with zonal matches and so we had had two happy gym free weeks.

But the happy days were over now.

It was Reyansh's first PE session and I updated him on all the horrors of gym class.

"Who's the coach here?" Reyansh asked.

"Devika Mathur, the great", I said sarcastically. Ms Mathur also belonged to the list of people who believed I was out of control.

"What's Devika ma'am like?" Reyansh asked.

"Well, she makes Loukya ma'am look like a saint", I said.

Reyansh gulped. "God! This school is so full of drama!"

"Yes it is." I said and then added "Don't worry too much about Devika ma'am. She's harder on girls than on boys. And she definitely won't be hard on a hot one like you".

"Oh don't be stupid" said Reyansh pretending to blush. "Devika sounds a bit like an old name doesn't it?".

"She contradicts it. She looks like a model from a fitness magazine" I said in spite of myself.

However I totally regretted it ten minutes later when Ms Mathur announced that we were going to be playing dodgeball that day.

"Hey, rehearsals start from this week. I don't want to perform on stage with a big black bruise on my face", Zoya complained.

"Then stay and fight" I said irritably, "I am going to oust myself from the stupid game as quickly as I can!"

And I played my word. I got myself hit within five minutes and went over to sit in the stands. Of course Ms Mathur was in no mood to let me slip away easily.

"Tryers never actually lose. But some people, don't even try", she taunted.

I sighed, "I'll try next time. Sorry".

"Sorry ma'am", Ms Mathur hissed.

"There is no need to call me ma'am"

The words were out before I knew it.

Mishti gaped at me in disbelief. But Reyansh pumped his fist in the air and Zoya gave me a thumbs up.

"Now that deserves a punishment", Ms Mathur said dangerously, "You will do cafeteria duty for one period. I can't believe a student can speak like that. I don't know how wimps like you end up in elite schools. Get out of my sight now".

I had heard these words a hundred times. They had ceased to hurt long ago. I just wanted to escape from there.

However the first time this had happened, I had sat outside the gym staircase and cried for half an hour with my BFF'S joining in my pity party.

But now, it was a different story.

Soon Mishti, Zoya, Reyansh and only a few others were left in the game. Zoya was attacking heavily. She was ready to bruise any number of faces to save her own.

The ball came to her again and she hit it furiously. I thought it was going to hit Reyansh but he dodged and it hit...Mishti!

Right on the face! And she just keeled over!

It looked sick to watch from the stands. I hurried into the play area and heaved her up with Zoya's help.

We took her to the emergency room, where the staff gave her first aid. Surprisingly, Reyansh tagged along with us and insisted on remaining with Mishti. He even asked us to go back to class and insisted on staying with Mishti.

Since I and Zoya were also pretty worried about practise, we agreed and left Mishti to Reyansh.

I met him again in the school hall. All the participants had started their practice. Zoya had chosen to perform to Kamariya and was already dancing like a pro.

"How is Mishti?" I asked him.

"She is fine. She went back to class."

"Thanks for watching over her"

"Oh that was nothing", he flushed red.

"Have I just discovered that you are crushing on my BFF?" I took him by surprise.

"BFF who?" he asked trying to cover up, in vain.

"Puh-leese Reyansh"

"Okay. I am seeing her. But I don't know if she is seeing me".

"AHA!" I smirked victoriously.

"What?!" Reyansh asked looking completely embarassed.

"Don't worry Mish likes you too" I said, "You guys should start dating".

"Did Mishti tell you she likes me?" he asked hopefully.

"I know she's crushing on you for sure. Maybe you should tell her what you think".

"Can you tell her?" he asked unexpectedly.

Now what?! Was I supposed to play matchmaker to both my friends?!

Did I just say matchmaker? I am not a matchmaker. I am a Fine Arts Secretary goddammit!

"You tell her yourself", I said quickly, "That's always the best way".

"But.."

"No Reyansh. Do it yourself. Anyway I have got to do cafeteria duty now. All those dirty plates are waiting for me. See you", I said and hurried out of the hall.

A/N : Hello guys! Hope you liked this chapter and the new shipping of Reyansh and Mishti :) A lot more of it is coming up.

If you liked this chapter, please leave me a vote before going ahead. Thank you so much!